X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

I am very excited to be here. I have heard a lot of this forum and have used it in quick desperation to find part numbers. It's extremely helpful.

I have a crazy collection of old computers, a number of them need cap and circuitry attention to come back to life. Getting a foundation in these troubleshooting and hardware skills could be all it takes to get closer to them.

Excited to begin learning, thank you all.

Jess

Comment

Hi all,

Noticed this forum through google searches about electronics, and have noticed it to be very valuable with many knowledgeable members.

Comment

Hello :-)
        My name is Ronald, i am from the Netherlands and i love electronics since i was 6 years old.
        Kind regards to everyone.

Comment

I just arrived here while looking for a schematic for my 2012 15' MacBookPro. I found this post and was very happy and surprised to find it was so recent (about a month old). I guess others are having similar problems with their computers.

Anyways, I've registered to download the attachment in the hopes it will help me debug my motherboard.

I'm a engineer living in San Diego, CA.

Comment

Hello Folks. Struggling here in Ontario, Canada with a Dynex 40" LCD. LCD Backlight and sound working but no pic. Picked up some useful information already! Cheers!!

Comment

Hello from cold Croatia!

I work as a system admin. Also, i love fixing and troubleshooting Electronics such as Computer monitors, TV's and amps. Currently i'm having problems with one amp and would like ask here for help.
              Also, looking forward to help others in other topics where my knowledge can be useful!

Comment

Hello everyone, first try at this, Mark

Comment

Hello. I'm Adan. I'm just a college student who likes to fix laptops and electronics!

Comment

Hi I'm Mark

Long time viewer who works in IT and has an interest in electronics!

Comment

Hello All. My Panasonic TH-58PZ800 just made a crazy pop and no picture. Now I am going to try and come up with a solution with the help of this website.

Comment

Thanks for letting me join your community. I joined after searching for solutions to the problem my Vizio E701i-a3 is having. I hope to be able to gain useful info from this forum. If I'm lucky, I will be able to contribute but this could be a stretch for me as electronics is not my area of expertise.

I am a chemical/polymer engineer by education and know my way around the basics of a multimeter and have soldered wires on motorcycles many times but only once on a printed circuit so this would likely stretch my abilities. This one time was where a potentiometer controlling the temperature setting on a Toyota Highlander broke at the connections from the pot to the pcb. I was able to solder this back in place....barely

G'day,

Vinish

Comment

Hey all! Have gotten very useful info from this site and hope to contribute. Still perfecting my soldering skills but have fixed a number of TVs, monitors, and computers.

Comment

Glad I found this forum cause I like breaking things and learning how to fix it. I just started getting into rebuilding vintage radios and I also just started repairing TVs on the side.

Comment

anyone have sharp lc-32d30m-bk firmware? i've found at ************** but i can't register to download it.

Comment

Just here to get some help with electronics repair. Looks like a very valuable site!

Comment

Absolute amateur. Searching for information, since the islands don't have many "experts" Lotta doityer self stuff, which brought me here. Right now trying to salvage an LG 50PV450UA

Comment

Well - here I am. My television has just collapsed, and I see someone here had exactly the same problem. But the thread just petered out unresolved after a lot of advice - I find this often happens on Fora. Why can't people post the final result? I suppose they get bored or dispirited.

Comment

Hi, new member. I'm a half assed mechanic, and jack of all trades but master of none. Was an shop teacher for 14 years and then lost my mind and ran for political office. I served in the PA General Assembly for 14 years prior to retiring.
                                      Hobbies include, hunting, fishing and keeping our stock cars going for my sons. Life is good.
                                      I will be posting on a couple of issues I have with TV's. Our DISH service picture was freezing. Just like you paused it. Well, oddly it seems to be linked to using our laptop. Anyway, DISH techs were here working in basement where hopper is while pic was frozen on TV upstairs (with Joey). Video was in freeze mode for quite a while. They changed some things and it was working on downstairs tv. They left thinking it was A-OK. When I turned upstairs set on it had sound but no picture. I thought this was strange but just a coincidence. I moved basement flat scree upstairs living room until I could get that one fixed. That night, picture froze on it an I had dozed off. So, it was in that mode for a few hours. AND that TV has sound and a dark screen. Call me crazy. I cant wait to post the problem and see what the deal is. I'm out a sum of money here and Dish says its not their problem.

Comment

Hello all, i am Shawn or Shawn am i! <(*_*)>
                                        First of all i have to say i love learning new things, especially about anything mechanical. I'm one of those guys that has to take, whatever it is, apart just to see how it works. So because of that, and the help of the internet, i can fix most anything! I am looking forward to learning and sharing information with all of you. Thanks and bye for now!! ;')-

Comment

Hi Guys, I've just had a bit of success fixing a Toshiba Regza & a LG 50" LCD and enjoyed the challenge so have scrounged a bunch of old broken TVs for parts . I'm a telecommunications tech by profession but am on a bit of a learning curve with TVs. Please be gentle with me :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X