Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp 250 g7 corrupt bios

hi, i have problems with this hp,

always starts at the bios update screen, writes the bios from the hard disk and fails and repeats endlessly,

I ran the WIN + B procedure prepared the USB key, writing this file from the HP site https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers...ok-pc/24381316, sp100745

but the BIOS does not find a file.bin is not saved in the USB key

the bios chip is signed with XMC and the tl866cs programmer does not identify me

thanks

Re: hp 250 g7 corrupt bios

Today, only a part of what is commonly called bios is provided for the upgrade on the HP website .
    Better to post your bios backup here and someone gonna help you.
    Last edited by lapfix; 05-14-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

sp100745 is a diagnostics app,that version does not include any bios. The recovery methods are listed in this HP document - https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833
      There is no bios update listed on the 250 G7 drivers support page but a full bios is is included on the latest HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp1035...0/sp103655.exe
      Make another key from that and run it, if you still can`t recover the bios then extract the 4-in-one key with winrar or 7zip.Look in the folder called Field,then open the BIOSCopy.csv to find your bios name in the list.All the full bios are in the BIOS folder.Flash the bios with your tl866,then you`ll need to run hp BCU bios config utility from windows, nbdmifit from UEFI or use wndmifit from windows.
      HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204

EDIT: The bios.bin isn`t in the BIOS folder even though its listed in the BIOSCopy.csv file. The bios is 084A8 ,check your bios backup to make sure its the right one. Strangely the bios is included with an earlier version of the 4-in-one key for other models but not listed in the .csv , thanks HP ! .

Bios 084A8.bin attached .

Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-14-2020, 10:36 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        sp100745 is a diagnostics app,that version does not include any bios. The recovery methods are listed in this HP document - https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833
        There is no bios update listed on the 250 G7 drivers support page but a full bios is is included on the latest HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp1035...0/sp103655.exe
        Make another key from that and run it, if you still can`t recover the bios then extract the 4-in-one key with winrar or 7zip.Look in the folder called Field,then open the BIOSCopy.csv to find your bios name in the list.All the full bios are in the BIOS folder.Flash the bios with your tl866,then you`ll need to run hp BCU bios config utility from windows, nbdmifit from UEFI or use wndmifit from windows.
        HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69204

EDIT: The bios.bin isn`t in the BIOS folder even though its listed in the BIOSCopy.csv file. The bios is 084A8 ,check your bios backup to make sure its the right one. Strangely the bios is included with an earlier version of the 4-in-one key for other models but not listed in the .csv , thanks HP ! .

Bios 084A8.bin attached .

Thank you very much for the advice,
        i can't write bios with with Win + b,

the tl866cs timer does not recognize me the main bios chip signed xmc qu64ah1g
        but I managed to dump 8mb by checking the check id, I attach the dump,

the bid version 084AA

i think the tl866cs will give writing problems for this i am trying to use the WIN + B procedure,

I prepare the usb key and copy the bios to the current folder, I rename it 084AA.bin but it gives me error "Bios ID of Image does not match system"
        you also need another 084AA.s12 file

thanks for the help
        Attached Files

Comment

Flash this bios with your programmer, use w25q128fv in the list,untick check-id .
          Attached Files
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Flash this bios with your programmer, use w25q128fv in the list,untick check-id .
            ok, I selected w25q128fv from the tl866cs and redone an original dump, the file is 16Mb I attach the corrupt 16mb dump, I found that by clearing the control id that I can write, I flash a 16mb file found on google but on the black screen

It was my mistake the 8mb dump, I had selected the 8mb programmer memory

Is it possible repair 16 Mb dump?

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

My mistake telling you to use w25q128fv.
              If you only have an 8MB bios then flash the bios i posted again,this time using W25Q64FW .

Comment

My mistake telling you to use w25q128fv.
                If you only have an 8MB bios then flash the bios i posted again,this time using W25Q64FW .
                followed the instructions, bios spelled correctly, thanks you

Comment

Share motherboard part no. Or upload m/b part no. Image

Comment

Originally posted by RAVI KARAN View Post
                    Share motherboard part no. Or upload m/b part no. Image
                    mainboard EPK50 LA-G073P

Comment

Originally posted by reset1986 View Post
                      mainboard EPK50 LA-G073P
                      use this W25Q64JVSSIQ

Comment

hi, i have exactly this problem, same laptop same mb, bios update loop, sorry im a noob, can i ask if the problem has been resolved with or without tl866cs programmer ?
                        Thanks for your patience

Comment

I was able to program qu64ah1g in the tl866 selecting MX25U6435F 1.8V, I leave you more versions of bios with the .s12 files for LA-G073P

Comment

Thanks! @MEMETRONIK It helped me, I also managed to read the eeprom using this model (without 1.8v adapter)

Comment

Originally posted by MEMETRONIK View Post
                              I was able to program qu64ah1g in the tl866 selecting MX25U6435F 1.8V, I leave you more versions of bios with the .s12 files for LA-G073P
                              Hi, guys! I have this laptop: HP Notebook 15-da0019la, with frozen BIOS after a Windows update.

I have the same main board (EPK50 LA-G073P) and the same BIOS chip (XM25QU64A). I tried to reprogram my chip with an EZP2019 (using the 084A8.bin file) and everything went well. But when I turned up the laptop, the caps lock was blinking the code 5.3. So, I tried with another BIOS file (084AA.bin), but again I got the 5.3 code blinking.

My last chance is to use the 084A6.bin file (which is included in the HP BIOS Utility for my laptop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...model/21909979), because this utility extracts the bin files that I mentioned, and I tried with two of them, but nothing working yet.

I'm afraid to try again and get nothing but a 5.3 blinking code.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by MEMETRONIK View Post
                                I had a problem with a Dell 5410 XMC chip, it just solved without errors after selecting that chip model. MX25U6435F 1.8V

Comment

Hi ! I need a bios dump for HP 250 G7, mainboard GPI52 LA-J951P Rev:1.0 chip XMC QH128AHIG.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by digix View Post
                                    Hi ! I need a bios dump for HP 250 G7, mainboard GPI52 LA-J951P Rev:1.0 chip XMC QH128AHIG.
                                    try..
                                    Attached Files
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

need help po to clean my LA-G073P bios backup

need help po to clean my bios backup issue blinks the code 5.3 in the caps lock
                                      thank you much guys and admin
                                      Brand:hp
                                      Model:15-0014tu[bckup
                                      Board Code:EPK50 LA-G073P Rev: 1.0
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-17-2022, 02:44 AM. Reason: LA-G073P

Comment

Re: need help po to clean my bios backup thank admin

Originally posted by tsok View Post
                                        need help po to clean my bios backup issue blinks the code 5.3 in the caps lock
                                        thank you much guys and admin
                                        Brand:hp
                                        Model:15-0014tu[bckup
                                        Board Code:EPK50 LA-G073P Rev: 1.0
                                        Did you try to clear ME this bios before?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                        X