A1466 SSD not recognised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1466 SSD not recognised

I got this MacBook air mid 2013, I was told it would not power up. I found a bit of corrosion around the JTAG connector so removed the connector and checked for shorts.

No shorts found and no other signs of corrosion, I plugged in than the MacBook powered up however does not recognise the SSD

I checked the power going to the SSD and it is getting 3.3v so I thought maybe the SSD was fried, I then tried another that is not being recognized either.

I bought a converter to m.2 and used a known working m.2 drive and this is also not recognised, this m.2 has an activity light on and it comes on and stays solid then goes off, should blink when accessed.

I formated all drives HFS+, NTFS, fat32. MacOs and windows cannot see the drives.

Any ideas appreciated

Re: A1466 SSD not recognised

Does the machine boot off an external usb?

Make sure the ssd is definately working on another machine

Check to see if it is detected in disk utility. If not then check all traces between J3700 and U3710/11 U3740

Comment

Hello I am having a similar issue but it is weird. The internal ssd is recognized and is readable when booting from an external drive. But if trying to boot from internal it doesn't show up in the boot menu. Externals show up and boot. Internal shows nothing unless booted from another drive, then it shows up. Drive works in another machine with no issue. I am lost on this one. Help please and thank you

Comment

Drive is APFS but BootROM wasn't updated with High Sierra?
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
        X