Format SED SSD'S DRIVELOCKED BY HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Format SED SSD'S DRIVELOCKED BY HP

Has anyone experience in formating an self encrypting drive , my own experience is that i have an HP 820 G1 with no password on bios or on the ssd, and after a bios update drivelock function was enabled in bios , if i use the ssd in another pc i get a prompt for a password, but i have never used a password, if i disable the drivelock with the ssd in the laptop and mount it after in another pc i still get de password prompt, i don't know how to get out of this i just want to format the ssd and use it in another pc, HP doesn't want to help , all the customer support knows less then i researched on the web myself.

Re: Format SED SSD'S DRIVELOCKED BY HP

It seems like a common problem https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Busine...s/td-p/7625374

If you don`t need the data on the drive you can set it back to defaults with Sandisk Crypto Erase utility
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Format SED SSD'S DRIVELOCKED BY HP

I have tryed with hdparm, samsung magician because all my locked ssds are from samsung, PSID revert, Sandysk Crypto Erase does not even recognize my drives i think it works only with Sandysk devices .

Comment

Working...
      X