Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Design Jet T790 Hard drive dead

Hello,
    I recovered a plotter Hp Design Jet T790 , but the one is sick.
    The hard drive is dead and unable to recover the system or others.
    Not detected and clic clic. dead !!error 08.11
    I saw on ebay that they sell the disks already reinstalled.

Is there a solution to recover or extract the OS without buying the disk.
    I put blank ssd and firmware on usb key.
    but no better

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxpower3; 06-09-2021, 04:01 PM.

Re: Hp Design Jet T790 Hard drive dead

I'm in the same boat with a similar DesignJet Z5600ps. The original Seagate ST500LT012 is dead in a bad sense.

I downloaded firmware package (almost 1GB) and found that this file is actually a .TAR.GZ containing these files:

CONTENTS
    PUMA_04_01_00.1.unsigned.fmw
    PUMA_04_01_00.1.unsigned.fmw.sig

.fmw file is compressed or encrypted. I'm stuck here.

Comment

Re: Hp Design Jet T790 Hard drive dead

I believe these printers only work with specific hard drives. Most SSD drives will not work. As you can see, there aren't any sellers selling SSD replacement drives for these printers. HP uses a specific file system and it's difficult to clone. I have been trying the clone an HP 16500C analyzer for weeks now. I also tried to clone the T790's hard drive via Linux bit for bit but since it's 256gb, it's taking way too long to create the image and I am not sure if it's even going to work. Will report back here if I do make any progress.

Comment

For Proper cloning ..use HDD Regenerator or AOMEI partition Assistant unlimited edition 8.8 or higher. and for all your HP Software you'll need... https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...series/5053926

Comment

If you actually have a good hard drive to clone, my first thought would be to try ddrescue in Linux to make an image of the good drive.

I doubt that there's a way to manually install the firmware from HP onto a blank drive. It looks like an update that you're meant to install on a working printer. There's also the problem mentioned earlier where it might only work with certain models of drives.

Comment

if you can find an image i'm sure any fiorina-level bullshit could be patched.
            if the 2 files at HP are partition dumps, they are of limited use without the bootsector.

Comment

GET A SERVICE MANUAL.
              i have read some stuff.
              the drive can be replaced and potentially loaded from a usb stick.
              but you need to know the service key combinations & led meanings. (manual page 299)
              also, i think it password's the drive so you cant swap drives between machines - for security of the user images cached on it. - but that may be optional.
              if it is used as a cache - dont use an SSD!
              the limited writes will give it a short life

Comment

found it
                https://elektrotanya.com/hp_designje.../download.html

Comment

Working...
                X