Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendation for Pentium II PSU

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    I was starting to wonder if we made you mad or something though!!
    LOL!
    Nah, this would be the last place on earth for anyone to drive me mad. If anything, more like the other way around - me driving people mad with my long-winded posts. So maybe good thing I didn't post for a while.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy.

I have an update, I just went ahead and bought the SeaSonic for $40. The guy spent half on shipping so I suppose you could say it was $20 and $20 on shipping.

Anyway, here are the insides. I think I see some bulging caps.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Per Hansson; 09-01-2021, 10:54 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Comment

Yeah, you didn't win the capacitor lottery this time around. Recap the secondary side and you should be up and running.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I would also suggest to reform the main capacitor to be nice to it if the unit has not been powered on for many years.
          This can be done very easily by having a really small incandescent light bulb in series with the unit.
          Say 15w or the smallest you can find that is rated for your line voltage.
          Then don't try to start the unit: just connect mains to it and switch the power switch to the on position.
          The 5VSB will still be up and so the unit will be reformed even without starting it...

P.S: We prefer if you also attach the photos here, so they don't get lost in the future if the host goes down/deletes them...
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
            P.S: We prefer if you also attach the photos here, so they don't get lost in the future if the host goes down/deletes them...
            This. Such a common problem, we even have a smiley for it:

sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
            X