Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Precision 7510 charge battery and left side board problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Precision 7510 charge battery and left side board problem.

I just ordered another daughterboard just to be sure (bargain it at 30€ including p&p).
    I can't understand why the PBAT_PRES# goes through that board, on fully working 7510 the battery charges the same with or without the daugterboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
      I just ordered another daughterboard just to be sure (bargain it at 30€ including p&p).
      I can't understand why the PBAT_PRES# goes through that board, on fully working 7510 the battery charges the same with or without the daugterboard.
      I don't know either, but looks like Dell's engineers like it that way :
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        ok. have you checked PD702,PU1001 and all around the dock connector for liquid damage/corrosion
        Dock connector is clean without corrosion around.
        PD702 and PU1001 are clean BUT next to PD702 is a resistor with one pin corroded (check attachment)
        Now, this resistor (soldered) in my MB shows 1.57kΩ while on customer's MB shows 10.4Ω.
        (Both MB disconnected from everything, without GPU, without RTC).
        Attached Files

Comment

Test PD701 and PD702 in diode mode ,replace that resistor PR717 10_1206_5% , 10ohms 1206 5% tolerance.In your picture it looks like theres some crud stuck to the chip above PJP14
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Test PD701 and PD702 in diode mode ,replace that resistor PR717 10_1206_5% , 10ohms 1206 5% tolerance.In your picture it looks like theres some crud stuck to the chip above PJP14
            Cross tested PD701 and PD702 with the fully working (at charge at least) 7510 MB and give identical measurements so all good there.
            I replaced the PR717 and charge issue resolve, now charging battery smoothly.
            I only have one last (?) problem with this MB, when only battery attached i must press the power on switch for at least 8 seconds to power on.
            With charger and battery attached OR charger only powers on instantly.
            Any ideas?

Comment

Someone? Anyone?? : )

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                Someone? Anyone?? : )
                Can you find the pads at PWRSW1 @SHORT PADS~D ,and see if the delay is the same after shorting them.

Did you manage to get all the daughter boards working ok ?
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Can you find the pads at PWRSW1 @SHORT PADS~D ,and see if the delay is the same after shorting them.

Did you manage to get all the daughter boards working ok ?
                  Tested to short the 2 pins directly from MB to power it on but delay it's the same, not a button problem for sure.
                  I managed to make the customer's daughterboard to half work in my 7510 (only USB is working, HDMI detects 2nd screen but no output)
                  No waiting the fully working (at least this is how advertised) daughterboard from Germany to test further.
                  Last edited by Andreasbest; 09-23-2021, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I'm at bench now so if you have any idea, let me know, thank you!

Comment

Just made a huge mistake.
                      I removed the right side daughterboard (3x USB 1x MicroSD) while laptop was charging, something shortcircuit and smell, now laptop is dead and charger goes off immediately when i connect it.
                      PQ101, PQ103 and all around caps are shorted to GND.

Bought boardview too in case community or us need it. Thank you in advance.

Boardview - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99399

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-29-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Dell Precision 7510 shortcircuit. Charger goes off.

Hello!
                        Yesterday i made a terrible mistake with my 7510, i removed the right side daughterboard JIO1 while the system charging (was not on, just charging) that resulted to a shortcircuit and since then it's dead, charger goes immediately off when i connect it.
                        I noticed some tiny solder balls next to PQ101, probably created by instant heat right before shortcircuit.
                        All area there (PQ101, PQ103 and nearby caps) is grounded!
                        Any ideas?

Photo, schematics and boardview attached.

Thank you in advance!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-29-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Oh dear,you were so close to fixing it. Looks like some blackened pins on JI01 ,look at the boardview see where they all go

Comment

Oh dear,you were so close to fixing it. Looks like some blackened pins on JI01 ,look at the boardview see where they all go
                            I'll try to trace them Monday morning as i'm away from the bench for some days.
                            My problem is that i don't remember the settings on Allegro to configure it to show copper lines and component names.
                            We discuss it before a couple of months but i don't remember when and where.

Comment

Goodmorning.
                              Can't figure it out from the boardview, it's a mess of traces.
                              But from the schematics i see clearly they are pins 44 46 48 50
                              What do you think?
                              Perhaps 1v & 1a from bench PSU will show where the short is?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Found them on Allegro too
                                (to view traces and component names in Allegro ->https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=38 ,thank you @Spider1211 !!)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Someone??

Comment

With the feeling of talking to my self i report:
                                    PQ101 has all pins shorted, dead
                                    PQ103 has D pins shorted with G, dead
                                    Now i'm measuring PC114 both pins are shorted to GND so i assume +5VALWP line is shorted too.

Am i correct so far?
                                    Last edited by Andreasbest; 10-05-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

So PC114 was indeed grounded
                                      Replaced PQ101
                                      Now i have a problem with PQ103 traces on MB, they are all kinda shorted between them (~20Ω)
                                      PQ103 is not soldered, i just measure the traces on it's position, is this normal?
                                      Last edited by Andreasbest; 10-05-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Also please confirm the MDV1524 is correct replacement for AON7752
                                        Datasheets attached↓
                                        Attached Files

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                                          X