DCM42 LA-F035P 800miliamp to 29 no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCM42 LA-F035P 800miliamp to 29 no display

Hi I having a hardtime figuring out what type of resistor that this might be, I accidentaly knock off the smd resistor after trying to flash the bios chip, after putting 1k and 10k value resistor it has keep restarting

The UU2 is labeled 5BA16

Hope someone can also tell what is the use of the UU2 chip

Re: DCM42 LA-F035P 800miliamp to 29 no display

hi. see attached.

Appears to be the Torex XC6127 Reset supervisor.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      hi. see attached.

Appears to be the Torex XC6127 Reset supervisor.
      can you guess what value it might be the risistor?

Comment

Can you post the voltage on the other side of the resistor?

Is it +3v3?

If my assumption is correct and this device is the reset supervisor then the "5" denotes a cmos device output which means it is push-pull style. That is, pin #4 will be low during reset and high when normal.

This also means the resistor is technically not required for cmos style of this part.

However, often pcb designers will allow for also the use of the open drain style of the supervisor. For the "6" style part, an external pull-up is required. The datasheet recommends 100k.

In summary, the external resistor is not needed for the "5" version of this part but does not hurt the operation. It is required for the "6" version of the same part.

The value is not critical but 100k is recommended.

Confirm the resistor goes to the +3v3 rail.

Comment

Can you post the voltage on the other side of the resistor?

Is it +3v3?

If my assumption is correct and this device is the reset supervisor then the "5" denotes a cmos device output which means it is push-pull style. That is, pin #4 will be low during reset and high when normal.

This also means the resistor is technically not required for cmos style of this part.

However, often pcb designers will allow for also the use of the open drain style of the supervisor. For the "6" style part, an external pull-up is required. The datasheet recommends 100k.

In summary, the external resistor is not needed for the "5" version of this part but does not hurt the operation. It is required for the "6" version of the same part.

The value is not critical but 100k is recommended.

Confirm the resistor goes to the +3v3 rail.
          I test the voltage the LEFT SIDE 0V the RIGHT SIDE 5.2v if powered on if not powered no voltages on all sides

Comment

Post all voltages on the actual reset supervisor IC.

Comment

Post all voltages on the actual reset supervisor IC.
              power of state
              PIN 3 - has 3.7v
              all other pins are 0v

power on state
              PIN 3 - has 3.7v
              all other pins are 0v

Comment

Can you confirm with the attached drawing that you measured pin #3 ?

If yes, then I am afraid my guess is not correct for the pinout. Perhaps you can trace the pcb layout to see where the pins go on this part.

According to the drawing, pin #3 is a NC ( no connection ) pin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you confirm with the attached drawing that you measured pin #3 ?

If yes, then I am afraid my guess is not correct for the pinout. Perhaps you can trace the pcb layout to see where the pins go on this part.

According to the drawing, pin #3 is a NC ( no connection ) pin.
                  Im very confident that it was pin 3 that has voltage reading only. I also use my oscilloscope to test the voltage of the pins

Comment

Working...
                  X