Macbook Pro 13 Non Touch 820-00875-A Can't See SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Pro 13 Non Touch 820-00875-A Can't See SSD

I'm working on a Macbook Pro 13 Non Touch 820-00875-A. Problem was boot to a ? folder. I did try a known good working SSD and still have the same Problem. So I start measuring on U8640 and missing the SSD_PWR_EN_L which is coming from the CPU U0500. Any help what else need to check. Thanks!

Re: Macbook Pro 13 Non Touch 820-00875-A Can't See SSD

Make sure you tried with another 2016 SSD not a 2017. Some of the 2017 SSD are not compatible with the 2016 board.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I did try the 2016 SSD and still have the same Problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileXT View Post
        I did try the 2016 SSD and still have the same Problem.
        Did you solved that issue?

Comment

Any progress on this one? I have a 820-00875 laying around for years, I use it sometimes, and I say that because SSD is detected on boot only occasionally. I can try powering it on maybe 100 times or something with no SSD detected, and all of a sudden it's detected and boots. And when it first boots it can run perfectly fine for days/weeks no issues, however I have to prevent it from going into sleep mode, because if it does the SSD is again not detected on wake, and shutting it off and attempting reboot many times again is the only way to make it boot.

Has never had liquid damage, I've also replaced U8640, same problem. SSD itself seems fine. Not sure where to look from here, so any input from anyone having experienced similar issues would be great.

Comment

i have the same issue here, no ssd working... tried another known working ssd but still having a folder on this macbook... if you guys solved it, share us ideas

Comment

This may sound strange but I have had problems with SSDs that were created in another computer, then transferred, then not worked. Have you tried a recovery boot to see if the physical drive is present? In the end I had to format the drive and start again, and that worked. I don't know if it was a disk format issue or not.

Comment

Working...
              X