Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone happen to know where a +5v source is on Acer Aspire One 722?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone happen to know where a +5v source is on Acer Aspire One 722?

Would anyone happen to know where a +5v source is on Acer Aspire One 722? I can't solder where I'm staying (not allowed to have high heat emitting items) so I can't really use the USB pins. I need a wire source to tape into some how.

The problem I'm facing is lack of fan speed & overheating. I already found a fault at the heatsink contact area & fixed it by adding a copper shim to fill the gap & get proper full die to heatsink contact using Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 thermal compound.

Anyway, I know the fan can go much faster because it went full speed during a BIOS update & blew a lot more air than usual.

The device sits at 100% about 99% of the time on CPU Utilization because of the weak 1Ghz Dual Core AMD C-50 APU with AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics.

It idles at 75°C & loads at 90°C+ because the fan never ramps up, it's just sitting at like 40% while at 90°C. So my goal is to run the positive wire of the fan directly to a +5V source to bypass the fan headers 3-pin voltage controller & finally cool down my netbook to 45°C idle & 60°C load.

Also wanted to mention it thermal throttles a lot as well which causes massive lag outs.

Thanks

*Update*
    For the time being I simply wired it to the 5v usb wire.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chris89; 09-25-2021, 06:09 AM.

Re: Would anyone happen to know where a +5v source is on Acer Aspire One 722?

*Update 2*
    Put it back to stock because it was overheating even at 5 volts constant. So I just undervolted it from 1.175v to 0.900v & it went down to 56°C load vs 90°C load. It would appear AMD pushes way too much voltage in these chips. Battery life doubled from 1.175v to 0.900v as well.

Comment

Working...
    X