Samsung PN60E530A3F 60" Plasma. Power Up Samsung Tones No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN60E530A3F 60" Plasma. Power Up Samsung Tones No Display

I've checked all the 3 legged transisitors on the heat sinks. While they don't read the same resistance, they read typically ~1200 ohms one side, then ~350/250 ohms the other side. There are components with just 2 legs attached to these same heat sinks.... I did not take any readings on those. No 3 legged transistors reading shorted/less than 50 ohms.

Tonight I'll check those same components on the X sustain board.

Comment

Well, checked both X and Y boards as Nick described above; could not find any shorted transistors. I've just purchased a new Y-Sustain board (no, they don't support "buy and try"), as elsewhere on this forum the most likely suspect for NO PIC / SOUND is said board. I'll post back my findings after I receive the board and test the SAMSUNG.

Comment

OK, well the new Y-sustain board arrived (still bagged). Proper installation brought no joy..... the same condition exists. When the power is switched on/off I do get the SAMSUNG tones; however I do not get any source sound coming thru the unit. I am suspicious that I have a power supply problem.

I've tried power up (after unplugging for 5 minutes to allow caps to discharge), and with the Xmain unplugged, and also with Ymain unplugged..... no joy or glimmer of a picture NOR sound from a source (DirecTV in my case).

I'll search a bit on testing the power supply (SMPS per the fast track manual).

Comment

Status update - purchased a rebuilt main Power Supply from a reputable seller; he claims "repaired with SAMSUNG recommended replacement parts, tested on a working set". Looked AOK visually; installed and tested, NO Joy.

Perhaps my last attempt, found a good buy on "NEW/Other" X-SUS board for the other major suspect. On it's way from the west coast. Upon arrival, I'll take all the vital voltages again, and update this thread.

From my basic understanding of these systems, I don't know if there are any replacement PCBs in the system that could impact the NO PICTURE/ NO SOUND scenario that I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
            Plug everything back in as you normally would have it and double check all connectors twice. Plug in your set but do not turn it on. If it is already auto turning on, then turn it off.

Now take a look at your Y-sustain board on the top portion of that board you will find a yellow transformer with an IC chip just below it and a few blue capacitors around it.
            Take freeze spray and spray the chip and capacitors around it with said freeze spray or upside down can of air. (you do not need to spray the transformer, I only used it as a reference point) Once that is done, go ahead and quickly turn the set on. You should see the picture appear on screen now. If it does, obviously you have a Y-sus issue which is very easy to fix. If it does not turn on, then I am not sure what your issue is.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Nick's Tvs. This solution worked and now the TV runs perfectly after swapping in a new IC (from Mouser).

Comment

Working...
            X