LG 37LV5500 Sound increases whitout user intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37LV5500 Sound increases whitout user intervention

Got a LG TV model 37LV5500 and from time to time the volume goes up 1 unit at the time... on the screen you can see the volume menu every time it increases.

Already removed the batteries from remote and nothing changed.

The TV has touch sensitive buttons on the front. Could it be from these?
    Or is my main board going crazy?

Only volume UP issue all the other touch buttons do not operate by themselves.

Help is appreciated.

Re: LG 37LV5500 Sound increases whitout user intervention

It's more likely to be the button on the front of the TV than the mainboard.

Comment

If i remove them and clean the board should it fix the problem or is there another solution?

Comment

Ok, so i took the TV apart, but was not able to remove the board.
        It seams to be glued to the front of the tv.

I removed the cable on both ends and gave them a good clean and removed the dust on the button board (upper side has the components on it).
        Put everything back started the set and it seams like it is fixed (good 10mints and nothing happened).
        Will test more today for a longer time.

Comment

So after some testing time it came back to the same problem. Sound is increasing over time.

How do I remove the small board with the touch sensitive buttons?

Or is it possible to just cut the cable that gives the info from the volume up because if i disconnect the complete board i loose remote control and power on button... so nothing works.
          A small schematic from the board could help but in service manual i only have main board and power supply.

Comment

Try re-routing the cable between the Soft touch board and the main board, You can also turn on the tv, then unplug the board from either the soft touch board or main board and see if that stops the problem.
            I don't know which line controls the volume up but it is likely either Key1 or Key2
            Last edited by R_J; 02-07-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Ok so i have some good news about the issue... after driving me nuts this weekend i took the cover off and disconnected the cable from the touch buttons to the main board.
              Instantly i got a message on the screen that the option was not valid for the input and if i want to change to TV input... then the message went away for 1 second and came back... and so on and on and on... until i got tiered of this...

Took the cable and disconnected the orange cable pin 4 (key 1 written on the main board) reconnected the remaining again and started the set....

Problem SOLVED!!!

No more automatic increasing of sound volume... and the the only buttons not working on the set are Volume UP and DOWN all the other works so its fine for me. The remote works and power button to. I always use these anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X