LGE2132 BGA replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGE2132 BGA replacement

Thought I'd share a happy ending. had a LG LED TV, you know the ones that the backlights last about 2 years @ 2014. Anyway This one had a shorted main processor LGE2132. Not a huge chip and relatively thin.

I'd got hold of a cheap board to swap in but found the IC for only $15 USD.

Sometimes you just have to have a go, about 20 bucks Aussie, nic e challenge.

anyway, Hot air station got the old one off clean, always a challenge without the best gear.

Chip arrived pre-balled, cleaned up the old site, used a sandwich press and cake stand as a pre-heat, good dose of flux, line d the chip up by eye best I could, hot air from above and flowed.

Cooled down , placement looked pretty close and miraculously booted up and all functions , display and inputs 100%.

Boards no longer available and $150 -200 used over here.

Feeling pretty damn good

Re: LGE2132 BGA replacement

Damn, that's impressive, especially considering it was a bit of a "hack job" to put it on. Not bad at all!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Nice job.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Ya I'm still trying to remove them successfully without damage to board
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

nice one tw.
          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Good one - nothing ventured nothing gained! Yes board prices here often ridiculous e.g LG plasma of 2009 main they want $200 whereas can get same set in working order for $90 (recently got one for $50 !!!).

Comment

Thats why you are one of my heroes!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                Damn, that's impressive, especially considering it was a bit of a "hack job" to put it on. Not bad at all!
                I'm going with Amateur or Novice. I have a hunger for it, just don't have the gear. heaps of LGs have BGA issues , seems mandatory they all fail that way around 2010-11. Got a really nice 47" has this chip

Comment

Good work. Apologies for a delayed inquiry on this.
                  I just found what looks like a short on the LGE2132 BGA of the main board of LG42LB5610 LED TV. How did you conclude that this was the likely problem before you decided to replace it?
                  I noticed that the 3.5V supply line from the power board was dropping to about 2.1V when connected to the main board. When I separately provided 3.5V to the main board from my bench PS, it was drawing ~0.6Amps and the BGA was getting quite warm. Nothing else appeared to be getting warm, although the optical output was lit up.
                  I'm just curious as to your diagnosis method as it might help me decide whether to have a go at installing a re-balled chip myself, but I'm not 100% sure this is the faulty part.

Thanks,

Andrew
                  Last edited by tiny68; 02-17-2020, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X