Samsung JU6000 panel issue post backlight repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung JU6000 panel issue post backlight repair

Hi folks I really would appreciate help on this one as the panel was working fine before removal and i never had such issues before. hope somebody can tell me the stupid thing i did or didnt do here....

This TV needed purple back lights replacing so did the work and upon re assembly the panel appears problematic, see photo below. Right side fades out with some horizontal white lines but they dont run entire length and a small vertical mess of lines far right from mid to bottom. I have noted when i apply pressure to the right side in the centre edge of the bezel the panel blanks out totally and needs powering down to restore. Already placed 1mm sponge foam pieces down both side inside bezel to press COF tabs home as construction on this set seems a bit flimsy and that did cure some of the white horizontal lines but still problems remain if its fractured then hayho.

Maybe it could have got damaged whilst out waiting for parts i hope its recoverable if it is naff panel its first time i done that and really didnt like having it out so long waiting for parts. Please tell me why it takes 4 days for a person to visit the post office to drop a parcel off, that wait was v irritating.

Also i am looking for a the best pdf ebook on panel theory, whats the consensus on that here? I trained up on CRT and often wake in the early morning reciting the LOPT frequency, also got abducted by aliens between 2000 and 2018

Attached Files

Re: Samsung JU6000 panel issue post backlight repair

So do you have tabs on both SIDES of the tv??

Comment

yeah tabs on both sides.

Comment

have noted when i apply pressure to the right side in the centre edge of the bezel the panel blanks out totally and needs powering down to restore
        Seems like something might be shorting to the metal frame, if not it is likely a damaged panel.

Comment

Thanks for replies have had success took bezel off again today and found two side tabs clearly faulty as manipulating them caused lines and panel short so clearly they been damaged whilst panel was out to long, lesson learned. Glad to report panel is restored thanks to Tabs on BOTH sides.

Still looking for good learning on panel theory if anybody knows of a recommended ebook etc my books are 20+ years out of date now those aliens have no appreciation for relative passage of time away form earth time space.

Comment

For the record this lasted a day as lines returned and liquid crystal started leeching turns out there was a fracture up the right side of the panel an inch from the edge as with some light pressure of my fingers i pushed it in with a snap and that was the end of this TV. I will never leave a panel out longer than a day from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X