Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeltech ST2468DHD 24" LCD HD TV Standby only - help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeltech ST2468DHD 24" LCD HD TV Standby only - help needed!

To be honest with you, I'd sell the whole set for a hundred quids. There's a small superficial scratch on the lower lefthand part of the panel, but you can't even notice it once the screen goes on.

I know you're not interested, I wrote this for other folks who might be reading this thread.

I'll post panel reference later, and power supply/invertor board is still in mint condition!

Not to forget IR RC , still with original batteries!

Comment

Good news! The set has been successfully repaired!

I had a telephone conversation with a tech from the company that is official importer and wholeseller of this brand and he was very kind to share his knowledge and experience. He said that this failure is very common for this model and that in more than 60% of all cases it is the diodes around the coils on the left hand side (SMPS). These two 1N4001 have been looking good both in Standby mode and disconnected. But, the catch was in what happens once the current hits them. So, I followed his advice and changed the diodes with 1N4007C. Once my soldering iron was hot, I took the oportunity to change their 470uF/16V caps just in case.

The result was as follows:

- TV turns on quicker than before

- FLV media files are displayed without any problem, which wasn't the case before the repair. In fact, the set finally broke while I was playing the same FLV file. It is possible that CPU requires more current to decompress certain contents and that was the moment when the diodes (and possibly caps) finally failed.

I have also found the exchange mainboard, but its price of 140€ (VAT and shipping included) but luckily I didn't need it.

So, guys, thank you for reading this and thanks for the help you provided.

See you soon on the forum

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by joste View Post
        Good news! The set has been successfully repaired!

I had a telephone conversation with a tech from the company that is official importer and wholeseller of this brand and he was very kind to share his knowledge and experience. He said that this failure is very common for this model and that in more than 60% of all cases it is the diodes around the coils on the left hand side (SMPS). These two 1N4001 have been looking good both in Standby mode and disconnected. But, the catch was in what happens once the current hits them. So, I followed his advice and changed the diodes with 1N4007C. Once my soldering iron was hot, I took the oportunity to change their 470uF/16V caps just in case.

The result was as follows:

- TV turns on quicker than before

- FLV media files are displayed without any problem, which wasn't the case before the repair. In fact, the set finally broke while I was playing the same FLV file. It is possible that CPU requires more current to decompress certain contents and that was the moment when the diodes (and possibly caps) finally failed.

I have also found the exchange mainboard, but its price of 140€ (VAT and shipping included) but luckily I didn't need it.

So, guys, thank you for reading this and thanks for the help you provided.

See you soon on the forum

Cheers!
        Wow, failed diode? I thought you checked those. Anyway, enjoy your fixed TV! I guess talking to the company actually worked. Wow.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Wow, failed diode? I thought you checked those. Anyway, enjoy your fixed TV! I guess talking to the company actually worked. Wow.
          Hi Tom66,

Yes, you're right, all diodes where checked and they measured OK. But, once the current hits hard (on startup), they kinda "change their mind". Who knows, maybe the caps (also looking good, no leak, not bulged) have lost a lot of their capacity, so the switch couldn't give current needed to power up the CPU.

Whatever, I just can't take my eyes off the screen. I've missed my TV so much and I really am happy to have it back.

Yes, talking to people can often help much. That's why I appreciate this forum and your help.

Thanks again to all of you guys and certainly you, Tom66

Comment

bjr, I have a lcd seeltech 2468 with the same failure can say vs el component that I need to change the map to repair this tv seeltech
            thank you very much
            I am in France

Comment

My peekTON 15.6" TV have the same mB and almost the same problem. I replced the 2 1N4001 that seem to be good (testing diode function of my old Fluke 77 multimeter) and my TV is runnig OK again !
              Thank you very much for your explanations.

Comment

Hello. Sorry for revive topic. Yesterday i fix another tv with same faill. Mine was a blusens , 22", same MB. It was remaining allways on stand-by. After reading this, im going directly for 1n4001 and 3 caps 470uF, and fix it on half hour . So, many many many thaks for share.

Comment

Hi vaneno,
                  Thanks, it is always a pleasure to see someone was able to use our inputs successfully.

Regards,
                  Joste

Comment

Working...
                  X