Samsung PN60E530A3F 60" Plasma. Power Up Samsung Tones No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN60E530A3F 60" Plasma. Power Up Samsung Tones No Display

I have a Samsung 60" Plasma. In excellent cosmetic shape.. No cracks in the screen, the glass nipple is intact.. I simply can't get it going.

I have literally replaced practically every board on it.. With the exception of the two outer lower strips, every board has been replaced... TWICE...

And I still have the same problem. Powers up. Get the Samsung Tones.. but no picture.. No flash of the screen... Simply nothing but the tones.....

The only clue I have is that the Control Board Green LED has an unusual pattern.. It's my understanding that a blink a second is normal operation and a blink every five seconds indicates a fault...

This unit, the LED will blink on 6-sec off 3-sec.... on 6-sec, off 3-sec....

I would really love to get this one up and running.. It's too nice a unit to write off as a bad display panel.. Unless, of course, all the facts and diags point to that..

I just want to eliminate any possibilities before I do that..

Any assist would be greatly appreciated...

Re: Samsung PN60E530A3F 60" Plasma. Power Up Samsung Tones No Display

570 posts and not one picture!

Vs voltage? Va voltage? Vscan voltage? VE voltage?

Vs-on signal? Ps-on signal?

Comment

I didn't want to waste a lot of storage and bandwidth. I figured the pics and voltages were superfluous to the specific question regarding the blink sequence...

And, since ALL the boards have been replaced twice, I figured voltages wouldn't really be an issue..

I am a little rusty so my apologies...

Comment

Well you've not replaced them with brand new parts. So I'd assume that you may have bought a faulty part.

The blink code on the control board would suggest a sustain board fault.

So what are your voltages?

Comment

Fair enough.. I'll check those voltages..

Unfortunately my work space is no longer available to me til later today.. I'll jump on the boards as soon as I can and let ya know...

Thanx for the replies...

Comment

Apologies for the delay... Had forgotten that Sunday was Father's Day and kids and grandkids were swarming the house after work.. Monday is my only day off so I usually try to unplug..

Anyways, to the task at hand...

First off, pic of entire unit attached... As you can see, the cable goes from the Power PCB to the X-SUS and then from the X-SUS to the Y-SUS..

I am taking my reading from the X-SUS connector that goes to the Y-SUS...

With all the cables and connectors attached, at power up VS starts out at 215V but then rapidly starts going down... Finally stops falling at around 10v

With the Y-SUS unplugged from the X-SUS, the same thing happens.. starts out at 215V and then drops...

With the X-SUS (and by default, the Y-SUS) is disconnected from the Power PCB and reading directly from the Power PCB, the voltage is around 1v at power up and then drops steadily from there...

Next, I'll try VA...
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached is the voltages sticker..

OK, with all the cables connected, VA starts out at around 57v and then does the same thing.. Drops steadily..

With the X-SUS disconnected from the Power PCB and taking the reading from the Power PCB, the reading is zilch... Nada... No voltages..

Beginning to see a clue here..
              Attached Files

Comment

PS-ON...

When the TV is plugged in, but off, PS-ON is 3.3v....

When the TV is powerd up, PS-ON drops to 0v

VS-ON....

When the TV is plugged in and off, VS-ON is at 0v

When the TV is powered up, VS-ON goes to 3.3v momentarily and then goes back down to 0v

I found the Vscan and VE areas on the Y-SUS and X-SUS, but I don't see where to actually check the voltages...
                Attached Files

Comment

I would say X sus fets are short causing standby vss to drop.. Check all fets as had fair few of these on X sus fail.. Check all fets with meter to see if open circuit if so order and replace be careful high voltages

Comment

The silver punch with the circle round it is the test point.

Because the main board is shutting down vs-on you'll need to check vscan and VE quickly as they will drop away.

They should match your panel sticker.

Comment

Yes no matter where the fault the set will shut down in 3 seconds from turn on. Is it worthwhile to isolate the pcb and force it on to see if Vs stays up using light bulbs as a load?

Comment

OK So, just to confirm, I want to check Vscan and VE where the pads are marked by arrows..

Don't mean to be such a wimp around hi voltage... but I have always been such a wimp around hi voltage..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Assuming those are the correct points..

Vscan fluctuates around -.400v

VE starts at around 8v then holds steady at around 11v

Those readings are immediately upon power going to the unit...

Comment

It can't be 400v!

Your meter working OK? New batteries?

Comment

So according to your sticker VE should be 98
                              And vscan -198

The X-main supplies the y-sustain. So if one fails it can damage the other.

If you unplug the ysus does the VE go to 98?

Comment

Thanx for the reply, Hamie...

-.400v

Negative point 400 volts

I'll check the VE with the YSUS unplugged first thing in the morning..

Thanx again...

Comment

I can't quite get it from your testing of Vs and Va how it is there initially at least with Z and X connected but not when X disconnected. My limited experience also says Vs has to be there before you will get Vscan. I'd still be trying power board and Vs turn on in isolation to see if the board is indeed producing the vital voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
                                    I can't quite get it from your testing of Vs and Va how it is there initially at least with Z and X connected but not when X disconnected. My limited experience also says Vs has to be there before you will get Vscan. I'd still be trying power board and Vs turn on in isolation to see if the board is indeed producing the vital voltages.
                                    I am honestly confused as well. I thought that there MUST be voltage coming off the Power PCB if it is isolated and if there isn't, that means that the Power PCB is the problem..

But I have tried 3 different Power PCBs and they all give me the same result. I suppose it's possible that all 3 are bad, but I find that difficult to swallow...

Comment

Yes hard to imagine that three would be at same fault. What is year model of set, 2013? The voltages are the lifeblood and must show up to activate the functions. Ps-on and Vs-on normally first going 5v to zero and other going zero to about 3.3v should activate the power board which may require a load for the latter?? Anyone?? But certainly the audio should output and be available in operation. Let's see if better minds chime in.
                                      Last edited by maxvalutech; 06-22-2017, 04:17 AM.

Comment

It just occurred to me on the way into the shop...

Is it possible that the Main Board is at fault?? Not sending the proper activation signals to the Power PCB??

Edit: oops.. Posted that before I read your response...

Comment

Working...
                                        X