Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoverboard mosfet

Hi There.
    I have a hoverboard with 2 shorted mosfets. They are HY1607P. As expected, my local provider has never heard of them and they don't have a replacement lookup book anymore, so I should build a list of several dozen alternative parts so they can check which one they have (last time I tried they had NONE in my list)

At the same time I have ordered the same part number online from China, that was one month ago, and still awaiting for it.

My PN has these specs: 68V, 80A, N-Channel, TO220, 6.8mOhm, Vgs=10V.
    Last one I repaired had a RU6888R mosfet with most of the specs like this other one

Im wasting lots of time looking for other mosfets that match these specs but at the same time, and after having repaired lots of these hoverboard boards and having seen that 90% of them look like clones of each other inside, I am suspicious that there must be some generic-common-in-the-market mosfet models that match all these boards

Does anyone have experience in finding good alternatives for these hoverboard mosfets?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by edugimeno; 02-17-2020, 10:51 AM.

Re: Hoverboard mosfet

I use this site for finding alternatives. https://alltransistors.com/mosfet/

Comment

i seem to remember you want to be changing all of them for a matching set .

Comment

@Diif: Why didn't I know of this page??? Ok I filled several fields and got a list. I sent it to the shop over email to see if they can source one of them. Thanks
        @Petehall347, these boards have 3 pairs of transistors for each wheel, all faultu boards I've had came with both mosfets for one coil burned. The HIGH and the LOW side mosfets for the same coil, so I've always had to change them by pairs. TBH I don't see any point in changing other mosfet pairs for other coils that have not failed. I see them as prone to fail after swapping then as before swapping them

Thanks both!

Comment

Hi , what did you replace them with in the end ? , I an having the same issue .

Comment

I can't remember now to be honest, but I think I ended realizing that NOT ALL THE SPECS in a mosfet have to match for this kind of application. So if I would have to do it now I would look for some common sold mosfets on ebay or amazon, and check that they match or exceed:

-Max current
            -Max voltage
            -Same package
            -Same type (N or P)

If you go the other way around (find a list online that tells you thousands of equivalent mosfets and then go to a shop to get them), you will find that among those dozens of PN's 99% are not common at all and you need to start over. Also if you happen to find one of them it may be very expensive.

So just search for "N-mosfet TO220" for instance, or "P-mosfet D2PAK" on ebay or amazon and in the list of the cheapest or more popular results, check the specs for them and see if one of them is good for what you need. You will probably spend 1/10 of the money comparing to what you get trying to source the original or "table-equivalent" component

Hope it helps
            Last edited by edugimeno; 04-10-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Ok , thanks ..

Comment

Originally posted by edugimeno View Post
                Hi There.
                I have a hoverboard with 2 shorted mosfets. They are HY1607P. As expected, my local provider has never heard of them and they don't have a replacement lookup book anymore, so I should build a list of several dozen alternative parts so they can check which one they have (last time I tried they had NONE in my list)

At the same time I have ordered the same part number online from China, that was one month ago, and still awaiting for it.

My PN has these specs: 68V, 80A, N-Channel, TO220, 6.8mOhm, Vgs=10V.
                Last one I repaired had a RU6888R mosfet with most of the specs like this other one

Im wasting lots of time looking for other mosfets that match these specs but at the same time, and after having repaired lots of these hoverboard boards and having seen that 90% of them look like clones of each other inside, I am suspicious that there must be some generic-common-in-the-market mosfet models that match all these boards

Does anyone have experience in finding good alternatives for these hoverboard mosfets?

Thanks in advance!
                I would try the STP80NF10, SSF7509 or the irfz series from infienon.
                it must work

Comment

Working...
                X