Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung tv le40d550k1w solarized problem

Hi to all
    I have the above TV and it shows distorted colors.
    I searched on the internet and it seems to have the so-called solarized problem.
    I am sending you a photo i borrowed
    my TV has a similar picture with green and purple more instead of the red of the picture
    I had also seen a video that someone from the servise mode tried to change the DDR from LINE TO SAMSUNG and a similar problem was fixed with mine but my own TV entered the service mode and I did not have such an option

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xristakis795; 03-06-2021, 03:20 AM.

Re: Samsung tv le40d550k1w solarized problem

possible wrong lvds setting in service menu has this tv been worked on and had replacement boards fitted?

This video shows the fault caused by it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FtFxe6h8Jk
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-06-2021, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Is this your set and has the picture become solarized over a period of time?
      Do you know the history of the set.

You could test the Tcon Gamma voltages. Search for Gamma in text box above
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=gamma+test
      Last edited by dick_barton; 03-06-2021, 04:21 AM.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

First of all I would like to thank you for your answers
        Unfortunately Mr. Vinceroger69 I went to servise mode and had the right choice for the jeida inches any other format if I chose the colors and the distortion became worse
        Do you know of any other option that from the service mode I can correct my problem for the specific model?
        In addition, Mr. Dick Barton, you gave me in detail how I can test the Tcon board, therefore it is considered that my problem is this card. Because I am not a professional but I am an amateur, I would prefer to get a new one.
        here I would like to ask if you know of course my TV has the following Tcon board 31t09 COL t315hw04 S / N: UZ-5540t04c12-11H-1001831-T014Y
        because i can not find exactly the same how can i order the new one according to the model or the S / N
        Thanks

Comment

The Tcon board test is quite easy even for an amateur.
          You just have to read the voltages with your meter set to 20V dc oat the various points shown on the TCON.
          There's plenty of information on this site on how to do it.

I don't know who these people are but they appear to have one. You could also consider if anyone advertises a TCON repair service.
          https://www.halocyberparts.com/Samsu...rd-T-Con-Board
          Last edited by dick_barton; 03-06-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

This thread may help https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...gamma+voltages

Comment

You never did say if this was your TV or if you have bought or been given it.
              If it has previously been worked on and then perhaps the wrong TCON has been installed since there are several versions for this set.

Comment

Sir, this TV is not mine.
                An acquaintance of mine only gave me the mainboard board and told me to change the tuner plug because it did not catch the channels
                I took out the tuner, I changed the plug simply because I broke two pins from the tuner on pcb during its detachment, I put two cables and made the connection to the pcb very easily to fix the problem
                then he told me that he still does not catch channels after the change of the plug that the old plug anyway looked good and stable without any problem
                and it has some strange colors and I told him to give me the whole TV to check it
                I considered that this problem has nothing to do with what I did but to be sure that the mainboard is not to blame I bought another from ebay for LE37D550K1W which was compatible for my own model LE40D550K1W
                as soon as I put the mainboard I got, the problem of the channels was solved, I caught everything but the problem of distorted colors remained
                This is the story of this television

Comment

You could try a firmware update or a factory reset and see if either resolve your problem in the event that the replacement mainboard firmware was for a different panel.

Comment

Mr Barton, thank you very much for your help
                    as for the factory reset it does not seem difficult to me I can do it
                    as for the firmware update because I have not done it again and I am afraid I will not take off the mainboard I bought I will have to find the latest firmware update for the model LE40D550K1W and load on the TV via usb stick which I will have deleted beforehand in a specific format and have a specific capacity; eg 8 gigabyte?
                    in addition we should not exclude Tcon because with the old mainboard the TV presents the same problem right?
                    Of course how this problem was created if it did not already exist I can not know only my acquaintance who made the placement of mainboard can know and after give me the tv

Comment

I found what I will do, I will try to make a firmware version on the old board that has a problem anyway and then if the process goes well I will do the one I got
                      Just Mr. Barton one last question I will download from samsung the firmware version for le40d550 (upgrade multilanguage.exe.file)(T-MST4DEUC_1029.0.exe) and I will put usb on the new mainboard that has firmware version for le37d550
                      right?
                      Last edited by Xristakis795; 03-06-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I think you will find that it's the same firmware for both size screens, go for it.

Comment

you are right it seems to be the same

Comment

Sorry something I forgot to mention and I do not know if it matters
                            When I entered the service mode at one point I saw Tcon usb (Failure) with red letters I clicked on it it said wait and again failure I just mention it does anyone know anything about it
                            thanks

Comment

hello again
                              I did a factory reset and firmware upgrade without result
                              I cleaned the cable that connects the Tcon board to the main board with alcohol and reinstalled them tightly again the same problem
                              All I have left is a change Tcon but the part number of my own board 5540T04C12 I find it only in American sites and it has a big cost big shipping
                              Does anyone know if I can use Tcon board has exactly the same PCB and the same model (T315HW04 VB) and same inches and is for a similar display
                              eg the model UA40D5000PR has a screen T400HM04 V2 while my TV has a screen T400HM03 V7 which from what I saw are compatible with each other
                              Does anyone know if I can get such a Tcon with a different Part number which is much cheaper? most likely it will not work or it may cause some damage to the screen or the mainboard;

Comment

In one of old Samsungs I had the same problem and changed AS-15 chip or something like that on T-con board.

Comment

gamma chip .try freezing it

Comment

Thank you for your answers
                                    As for what I am asking, has anyone changed the Tcon based on the features I say because for the UA40D5000PR I find a Tcon board with very low prices or you should definitely go based on the Part.Number of the old model?

Comment

Check the white label on the t-con , there is a bar code but also a number starting with 2 letters followed by 5540CxxTxx, that is the number you need.
                                      See example.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the reply sir i know that
                                        I'm just asking if any of you experimentally, even though you are an expert, have changed this card based on the fact that the pcb is the same as the TV model, the same inches are the same, the screen is compatible
                                        even if they have a different part number
                                        this

Comment

Working...
                                        X