Samsung LN52B750U1F colored vertical lines issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN52B750U1F colored vertical lines issue

I've had my Samsung LN52B750U1F for about 6 years now and then all of sudden the other day as I watching TV the left side of the TV developed these colored vertical lines. It was exactly 50% of the screen while the right side was perfect. The lines seem to be on every input and on top of menus, etc. The picture in the background looks fine.

Then last night as I was watching the TV the other half developed the vertical colored lines as well. So now the whole TV has the vertical colored lines.

Is this due to a bad Tcon, capacitor, etc. or is it my panel going bad? It seems like the picture is perfect and there is some sort of bad connection causing the lines similar to watch you get from computer monitors if the cable from your desktop to monitor was not in all the way? This also reminds of the rabbit ears when getting local TV and you had this interference until you turned the dial to clear the picture.

So I'm hoping someone can give some feedback on what is the issue here and hopefully it is not my panel, but a simple fix like just changing the Tcon board. I've attached a picture to what the TV looks like now. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN52B750U1F colored vertical lines issue

The only clear way to know if it's bad capacitors is to remove the rear cover and inspect for bulging capacitors if none then check the cable between the tcon
    If it's connected good and the issue remains then it's likely a bad tcon board

Others may have other bits of advice to offer
    Samsung UE46D6530
    Samsung BD-F7500
    Samsung HT-ES6200

Comment

So can I rule out a bad panel here and just either the main board or Tcon?

Comment

Firstly lets take the cover off and reseat all connectors going to the screen. The chances of the panel are low but still a possibility.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          Firstly lets take the cover off and reseat all connectors going to the screen. The chances of the panel are low but still a possibility.
          Are these the two flex cables at bottom of Tcon board that connects to panel? Or am I suppose to reseat all connectors from main board as well?

Comment

Try reseating everything just to be sure it looks like a missing Lvds pin to me. Try that and let us know buddy.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
              Try reseating everything just to be sure it looks like a missing Lvds pin to me. Try that and let us know buddy.
              Where would this missing lvds pin be on the main board? I have attached pics from the back of the tv for the 3 boards. I did reseat the organe cable going from the main board to the Tcon board and it did not help. Do you think it could be a soldering issue on the main board where if I heated it it will fix the issue? I've read quite a few posts here and other places that suggested that and it worked for them. Any feedback would be helpful.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tvguy2015; 10-02-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Here is the pic of the tcon boad with the metal cover removed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Access the service menu (put TV in standby and press Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power on the remote in sequence) and find the test pattern option. Try the various patterns, including Before/AfterDDR and FRC tests, if available. If the lines disappear on one processor's pattern, then the fault lies on the other processor.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Access the service menu (put TV in standby and press Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power on the remote in sequence) and find the test pattern option. Try the various patterns, including Before/AfterDDR and FRC tests, if available. If the lines disappear on one processor's pattern, then the fault lies on the other processor.
                    I went into the service menu and to the test pattern option with Before one as ) and After one at 0. When I clicked on either one and then moved to the right on the remote I got various patterns, but not sure what I'm looking for. I see a bunch of patterns when I cycle thorough the 2 test patterns and lines are there at the some and not there on the solid colors (i.e red, green, yellow). Not sure exactly how to diagnose this issue.

Comment

Does anyone think it could be the Tcon board? I talked to a local service repair guy and he thinks it might be the tcon board gone bad. If it is the tcon I wanted to order the board myself and replace it instead of taking to repair place where they will be charging me close to $250 for parts and labor. I can buy the tcon board for around $40. If anyone has any input on what could be the issue here that would be great,

Comment

Are the lines missing consistently from any set of the patterns? (There should be three pattern generators.)
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

that looks a odd fault in picture one the lines dont go through the onscreen text box you also say above not there on the solid colors (i.e red, green, yellow) so are you saying the lines go completly? can you post a picture when its on the test patterns?
                          are the lines in over or behind when you have the menu screen on the tv as ive just saw this on another site not sure how true it is though
                          ---Pull up your menu display and tell me if the distortion is in front of the menu display or behind---If distortion is in front of menu suspect main board---If distortion is behind the menu display suspect T-Con board--
                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-03-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Are the lines missing consistently from any set of the patterns? (There should be three pattern generators.)
                            Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            that looks a odd fault in picture one the lines dont go through the onscreen text box you also say above not there on the solid colors (i.e red, green, yellow) so are you saying the lines go completly? can you post a picture when its on the test patterns?
                            are the lines in over or behind when you have the menu screen on the tv as ive just saw this on another site not sure how true it is though
                            ---Pull up your menu display and tell me if the distortion is in front of the menu display or behind---If distortion is in front of menu suspect main board---If distortion is behind the menu display suspect T-Con board--
                            I have attached pics from when I have the menu showing and also some of the Service Menu for the test patterns for both Before DDR and After DDR. Please advise.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tvguy2015; 10-03-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Need some input if I need to order main board or Tcon board to fix my TV.

Comment

It may be a crack in the upper right side. Notice the lines on all test patterns, both Horiz and vert..

Comment

Originally posted by truep View Post
                                  It may be a crack in the upper right side. Notice the lines on all test patterns, both Horiz and vert..
                                  I did not consider that up to now. Don't know why there should be any crack. Still not sure how the test patterns work and what I should be looking for.

Comment

I was hoping tom or budm may chime in with ideas as they may of saw this fault before they dertainly have more experience than myself.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      I was hoping tom or budm may chime in with ideas as they may of saw this fault before they dertainly have more experience than myself.
                                      Ya I'd like to get some more specifics on my issue before I go ahead and order either a Tcon or main board. Trying to pinpoint the actual issue with my set so I can move in the right direction. From my pics do you think it is the Tcon or main board? The lines seem to be behind the menu from what I can tell.

Comment

I ran the PATT_AfterDDR pattern test and used he right arrow to cycle thorough the patterns. The lines seem to be present on the first pattern, but the rest of the test patterns those lines are not there. I'm attaching pics of the sequence of patterns that I cycled thorough here. Please advise if it is the Tcon or main board. I can also post the full cycle of test patterns for the PATT_BeforeDDR as well if necessary to diagnose.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X