X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSD ( samsung ) locked

Hi
    I have a Panasonic cf-54 labtop which had a bios password
    I managed to remove the bios password but the SSD drive (samsung 1TB) is still blocked by the password. and i can't setup windows on .
    i changed the admin password on the bios and set a new user password and locked my SSD again. I restarted and deleted all passwords from bios . but the SSD is still blocked.
    Is there any way to format (erase ) this drive.
    thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by meskellil; 09-09-2020, 07:20 PM.

Re: SSD ( samsung ) locked

no way

Comment

Hi,
      is there any other label on the other side of the SSD drive? Some SSD drives have a 32-character OPAL PSID code printed, which along with a utility can be used to erase the drive.

Comment

in my opinion you need to supply the correct hdd/ssd master password in cmos to use the drive and format it. but if you loose it its very difficult to erase the password in the ssd it is written in the drive bios itself. the ssd/hdd is blocked.
        Last edited by Duranitron; 09-16-2020, 05:41 AM.
        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

It a long shot, but try issuing a secure erase. Some SSDs will wipe the data and remove the password along with it
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
          X