done with m$ windho's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

done with m$ windho's

I'm done with windows it's getting f*ing annoying, SLOW and errorridden, windows8 sucks bad and you cant uninstall f*ck microshit windos8 where's my DBAN and SUSE Linux disk.

rant aside i think Microsoft is getting to far into the DRM world first win7 not to bad DRM but still DRM, now win8 DRM just stupid you cant uninstall it without DBAN let me put it this way win8 has as much DRM as apple!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by goontron; 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: done with m$ windho's

That's why I still use XP.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

thats why i'm sticking with win7 for as long as I can. Hopefully win7 will be like XP, in that by the time windows 10 comes out, win7 will be 80% of the market, unless M$ fucks it up by enforcing new drm policies.
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Windows is easy to break, but I have to use Windows for school.

In the second picture, there are at least two antivirus programs running (AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials). Microsoft Security Essentials is the slowest antivirus software in existence, and running more than one antivirus program isn't a good idea anyway.

I don't know how to uninstall an operating system without erasing the hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Looks an awful lot like he is, too...
          Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I am running xp And the Ms antivirus should be dsabled to but a warning pops up and when my mom is using it tit gets turned on
            Last edited by goontron; 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Judging by all the junk in the taskbar, I'd say that sys is full of crapware. No wonder shit's fucked up..

Comment

The HDD is from a POS system it had XP and word on it, never did strip the unused software off of it

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                  Looks an awful lot like he is, too...
                  I didn't look at the pics....I just read the DRM/w7/w8 rant....
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

Um.. yeah, you've got a bunch of crap running on there.
                    Don't blame Microsoft if you can't figure out how to clean up a PC and not dirty it in the first place.
                    Windows 7 is the most efficient version of Windows yet, (at least in my opinion)...

Comment

Can't blame you.

I got completely out of M$ about 4 years ago. I went with a Mac and love it.

I still have to use MS products at work and it drives me bonkers because now I have something to compare them to.
                      Before I switched, it was like "that's just how computers are, get used to it".
                      Now it's like "How on Earth did I put up with all this Crud for so long?"

If you don't like Mac, by all means try Linux.

I have the highest regard for Linux and Linux users/developers. I lack the talent to develop software effectively and older versions of Linux (around the SUSe 9 era) scared me off.

If Ubuntu was at its current level of development 4 years ago I might have went with that instead.

It's funny, I'll be rummaging around in some Russian website with my very limited comprehension and BANG! something downloaded... would I care to check my Downloads folder? Yup! a Bad old Virus that does nothing at all on a Mac. Or a Linux box.
                      It's a nice present exclusively for Windows (Windows = Holes in a Wall) users!

Enjoy!
                      Learning a whole new OS isn't that bad at all.
                      The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                        Windows 7 is the most efficient version of Windows yet, (at least in my opinion)...
                        Good thing your opinion doesn't make it true..... It's slightly less bloated than Vista...but far from anywhere near efficient!
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          Good thing your opinion doesn't make it true..... It's slightly less bloated than Vista...but far from anywhere near efficient!
                          I politely disagree. I regularly observe a huge increase in responsiveness from Xtra Pissy to 7

Comment

I politely disagree. I regularly observe a huge increase in responsiveness from Xtra Pissy to 7
                            I don't and I'm running both on comparable hardware....I think its in your head..

If 7 were better, I'd be running it. Its just not though. its a huge resource hog, its invasive, intrusive, and way too idiot-proofed.
                            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                            Team Stats

Comment

I think it depends on the HW... I thought I read somewhere that 7 was better with multiple cores/threads?

Also, for the comparison to be valid, one must turn off aero in 7 (so the graphic quality on par). Aero is a resource hog...
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Turn superfetch off if you want a fair comparison. You're working from your RAM...

5 years from now, we'll all have four sockets, each with a quadcore, just to run solitaire. The DX desktop will be impossible to feed, -and- the DRM will be "running numbers" over everything, 'cause "everyone is defrauding bollywood."
                                "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                                Originally posted by shango066
                                All style and no substance.
                                Originally posted by smashstuff30
                                guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                                guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                                  The HDD is from a POS system it had XP and word on it, never did strip the unused software off of it
                                  Sounds just like, "I bought a laptop from fleebay, but was TOO LAZY to set it up properly." And to add insult to injury, you're trying to set something up, VMWARE in this case, on a questionable install.

You'll find it's much easier to just start over.
                                  "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

Ok well I just orderd suse Ubuntu and dam small Linux disks going to use GRUB to boot, I always wanted to boot windows os x86 and Ubuntu on the same box but windows pissed me off

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                                      Ok well I just orderd suse Ubuntu and dam small Linux disks going to use GRUB to boot, I always wanted to boot windows os x86 and Ubuntu on the same box but windows pissed me off
                                      You know, the last time I tried that ubuntu (years ago), I didn't like how it was, shall we say, porky. Others here may suggest other distros- I haven't kept up with them.

One thing to watch is that you've truly "started clean." If this HDD came out of a name brand PC, make sure you remove all partitions, such as those "hidden recovery" ones- a la HP, Dell, etc.

Edit- it's too late for this, but couldn't you download and then burn an .ISO to CD-R?
                                      "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
                                        Hell yeah!
                                        XP + classic theme + disabled visual effects = FAAAST!
                                        All of my computers have <1GB of RAM and single core processors (most of them even Pentium 3 -era) and they still run much faster than a lot of newer computers with Vista/7 with bloatware.

Comment

Working...
                                        X