Sharp Aquos LC-60LE832U No Backlight or Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-60LE832U No Backlight or Picture

The TV I am working on recently was struck by lighting. I have replaced the Power LED driver Unit (RUNTKA798WJQZ), Main Unit (60LE830U DKEYMF733FM01) and LCD Control Unit (RUNTK4910TPZZ). Before these changes it wouldn't even come on, now the center LED blinks (one long and one short) indicating there is a Lamp Error. There is no backlight or picture.

I am at a loss on what to do next assuming anything can be done. Please help!

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-60LE832U No Backlight or Picture

If the main board you bought was pulled from a set that was flashing a 1-1 code like yours, the error will move with the main board. If the main board is brand new, then you probably have a bad LED inside the panel.

Comment

What can i do to narrow it down to which on it is? Is there a voltage or signal i can test? The main board came from Shopjimmy which is a repair provider. If it is the LEDs, is it worth repairing?

Comment

Out of multiple purchases from ShopJimmy, I personally have only received one board that worked. Every single time, except once, I received a dead board from them. One time they had to send three boards to get one that actually worked.

Comment

I have good luck with SJ. I have ordered over 50 different boards from them and only had two bad boards.

Comment

Well that kinda sucks. Nevertheless, can someone answer my previous question?

Comment

Unplug it. hold channel up and volume down at same time while holding plug set in. And let me know.out come. You are forcing the set to come on

Comment

This tv has the softkeys, i pressed the volume - and channel up and then plugged it in, nothiing happening other than the light contining to blink.
                Last edited by Sfuchs; 07-25-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I am so pissed right now. So i pulled the main board and decided, what the hell lets connect up the old one. The dispay comes right on but since this board was damaged by the lighting, there is no picture, just backlight. Then i turn over the one i bought and on the back it says "good need lamp error reset" now why the hell would they sell me one that needs a reset??? Anyway, any clue how i can reset it on this TV? I have tried multiple key combonations with no luck. Thinking of just sending it back and getting another.

Comment

Got into the service mode but no text on screen.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

check for power to the TCON.

Comment

In Summary, here is what I did to fix my issue. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future with their issue.
                        I first replaced the Power LED driver Unit (RUNTKA798WJQZ), Main Unit (60LE830U DKEYMF733FM01) and LCD Control Unit (RUNTK4910TPZZ). Before these changes the TV wouldn't come on. After these items where replaced the center LED blinked (one long and one short) indicating there was a Lamp Error. There was no backlight or picture.
                        To confirm the screen and LED’s were good, I put the TV into lamp error disregard mode by
                        holding Vol- and Ch+, press power. This is not always easy, it may take many tries. You will know you are successful when the icon is steady lit.

If the LEDs do not come on at this point then you need to disassemble panel because you have a bad LED.

In my case the LEDs lights came on however I still had no picture. I discovered that the replacement LCD Control Unit (also known as a TCON board) was bad, so I took a chance and put back the old unit. I then got picture.
                        After that all I needed to do was to get into adjustment mode to reset lamp error. I used key sequence mentioned in this YouTube video to enter the “K” menu.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUuARpFe90
                        After the reset, the TV powered up and worked normally Thanks

Comment

Great job, you probably should low down the backlights level as low as possible to extend the LEDs life.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Is there some other way to force this set on? Since the Softkeys will not work
                            This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                            Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Originally posted by electronicsurplus View Post
                              Is there some other way to force this set on? Since the Softkeys will not work
                              I actually decided to solder wires onto the tabs as a test and it actually worked since I tried several times holding fingers on the softkeys and, got the light to stay solid

Just thought I would add this in the event someone else runs into the same problem

But, still no backlight nor video at all
                              This Forum absolutely the best and, the most helpful forum I have ever found anywhere. thanks to all the fantastic members here
                              Help keep these from the landfills

Comment

Working...
                              X