No announcement yet.

Funai/Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 Picture color washed out and flipped upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Funai/Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 Picture color washed out and flipped upside down

Here you can see where this spot on the power board was pretty hot so i will go over it all with the schematic and get back to you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Based on the info you've provided, your TV serial number begins with ME3 according to shopjimmy. If that's the case, I don't have that board version on hand.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/magnavox-a1...-main-cba.htm#

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
        I looked at your pictures and don't see a sticker on the main board. It may possibly be on the back. Please check and let me know. I have a bunch of mains for different versions of this set and would be happy to help you out on it.
        That board has no other markings on either side or either board. I is also correct according to shop jimmy.

Pretty sure the other guys who worked on it didn't change the board, they were working on the power supply based on a utube video they saw
        Last edited by Doc38343; 07-14-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Does it allow you to change panel option code?
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

serial number is ME3A1212146148 (A1AF8UT) March 2012

assembled in Thailand

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Comment

Sorry guys i run a computer shop and other stuff has me busy right now, i have still not even been able to turn it on yet... every time i think I can do something someone comes in or calls... i will post info as i can.... i am going to use the schematic and test all the voltages on the power supply before i try any more in the menu. That way I can have a "Known Good" base to work from.... Give me a bit of time to do it and i will reply again with results.

Comment

OK power supply voltages are out of whack. 35v rail is half.... 16.7
                24V rail is only 10.15v
                Using the service manual i am back to the transformer running from the hot to the cold side. I am going to look for a short or failed transformer. OK for now thanks.
                The 3.3 and 5v are dead on so that is why it comes on.
                So far I am only testing the board in OFF state.
                According to the service manual the 35 and 24 should be there.
                I will keep you posted...
                LOVE THIS!

Comment

OK may have found it D610 a zener on the hot side I had replaced before is shorted. I think the bad resistor from the other day may have caused it they are on the same rail.
                  I will find a replacement and get back to ya'll. I have to leave for tonight by order of my wife but i will update next time i'm in the shop.

Comment

NOPE bad news for me so far.... I repaired the power supply and went over it with a fine tooth. all voltages are spot on and well withing tolerances. IE: 5.7V to pin 11 is actually 6.0V in other words none are off more than 0.3V.
                    The service manual flow chart now dumps me at ribbon cable.... testing good also....
                    Or the panel.. OUCH!
                    I am going to try one last ditch effort and that is to download the FACTORY Upgrade (Flash upgrade) of the firmware. It will completely reset and reinitialize all settings to the from factory state..... LOL I'll let you know.
                    If it is the panel at least i learned a ton so still worth it. Could probably buy a set like this in a pawn shop for $30 bucks... i knew it really was not worth all this.

If any of you old school guys have input that could help i have exhausted my resources.

Never did find a way to rotate the image back right side up in any menu. There are other controls i just can't find the key punches to do them. That info is very limited in the service menu. Mostly just color analyzer stuff there.

Comment

Can't find a firm ware from 2012... mine is already newer that any available at magnavox.. One I have is TVNB033_00_MD_XX91_AA they are only offering TVNB030_00_MD_XX91_AA from 2011...
                      I am going to zip it up and let it stew to see if you guys have any ideas. I will also keep my eyes open at the trash piles LOL

Comment

I would not say it is a panel problem but a software problem
                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                          I would not say it is a panel problem but a software problem
                          I agree and that means I was sold a bad main board...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
                            Based on the info you've provided, your TV serial number begins with ME3 according to shopjimmy. If that's the case, I don't have that board version on hand.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/magnavox-a1...-main-cba.htm#
                            You may be right.... it is a possibility. I just don't want to spend $20 more to find out!!
                            My brother told me the guys he got it from were prize winners.. LOL (friends of his)

Comment

Emerson
                              LC320EM2, 32MF301B-F7
                              FL11.4
                              Problem: DOA
                              Cure: found D610, D604 and Q600 shorted. POWER BOARD A1AF0MPW A17FDMPW-001
                              Q600= TK10A50D SHORTED 10A 500V 45W VGT 4V use 2SK3797
                              Q601= 2SC2120-Y NTE 289A NPN instead of KTC3203
                              D604= 27BSB-T26 SHORTED ½ W 27V (25-25.52V) NDTB027BST26 use 24volt 1 watt
                              D607, D609 = 1SS133 NTE519 SHORTED 1N4148
                              D610= 1ZB3688 SHORTED 1 WATT 36V ZENER
                              D640= SK2B-TR ND1Z00SK2BTR SCHOTTKY SHORTED SMD 2A 100Vuse SB560 5A LEADS or TO-220 UGF8JT 8A diode
                              R608= .18 OHM 2 WATT
                              D609= 1SS133 1N4148 NTE519

Emerson
                              LC320EM2-2F
                              FL11.4
                              Problem: DOA fuse blown
                              Cure: Remove D611 200v zener permanently! And replace fuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X