Samsung ln52a650 power on off with starting sound and clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ln52a650 power on off with starting sound and clicking

When the tv power is plugged, it plays the power on sound, then a clicking sound, power on sound, and clicking sound... Typical issue for a samsung tv. It never stays power on.

All capacitors look fine. When the t-con board is disconnected from the main board, it seems to stay on. After the power on sound, no clicking, but the screen is black.

Does this mean the tcon board is the problem?
    Last edited by X246; 02-22-2014, 08:41 PM.

Re: Samsung ln52a650 power on off with starting sound and clicking

I can see the back light stays on when the tcon board is disconnected.

Comment

Good clear pictures of the boards, especially the T-CON.
      Check the SMD fuse on the T-CON board.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks Budm. Please see the pictures.

A couple days ago I replaced two 1000uf capacitors on the power board even though it did not show any bulge. The symptom is the same as before they were replaced.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by X246; 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

The tv is working now. I don't know why. I just disconnected and reconnected the tcon board, took the tcon board cover and the main board cover off. Two components (one on top and another on the bottom) of the tcon board are in contact with some patches and they are oily. And I accidently removed some oil off. Probably I should do a factory reset. Still mysterious. Any suggestions what caused the problem?
          Last edited by X246; 02-23-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Those oily patches are for cooling I believe, I wouldn't worry about a little lost oil, as to the cause of your issue, maybe a bad ground resolved by simply moving things around, I don't know but glad it's working again, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Comment

It seems like somebody already replaced some of the capacitors(blue ones). They may not be the right ones.
              Most likely the problem will come back.

Comment

Thanks Dang and Tibimakai. Yes I replaced the two capacitor even though they didn't show problems (please see my previous post). I would like to know what caused it so I can avoid it happening again.

Comment

The capacitors there look like generic Lelon, they're probably worse than the original Samsung specified parts (which aren't much good to start with...)
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom66. Yes that was I was wondering about. I got them from Radioshack but they are 35v. I'll replace them if the tv can work for a while.

Comment

I would buy Panasonic FM, FR, FC from Digikey for lifespan reasons.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have found that the gray heat compound (they call chocolate) sometimes gets slimey and that broken down chemical can be resistive and short out parts! I found it first in Sharps, then RCA CTC169 Pip Modules, Mits modules and samsungs! Replace all the compound with fresh DRY stuff after washing the effected chips with Acetone or 91% alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                        X