Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funai/Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 Picture color washed out and flipped upside down

Funai/Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 Picture color washed out and flipped upside down

Another trash bin rescue I've had around for a while. Repaired the power supply same as some others on here already posted. Had success however,
    The picture is washed out color and upside down. I don't have the remote and since this is a cheap piece of crap when new I don't want to buy one. I think a main board may solve this and one is online for 19.99 including shipping.

Any thoughts on this, I am planning on fixing and giving it to my step daughter since hers is shot.

I guess i mean is it worth it? Power supply was repaired with superior to factory parts and all voltages check stable and on the money.
    PS SUB NOTE:
    I also had a failed .18 2W resistor in the primary section just behind the blown transistor. Mine was reading NC when out of circuit. I replaced with a donor board .18 3W same value (bro, Grey, silver, gold)

I had a shorted zener diode on the output side of the transformer and I didn't catch it first go around so i think i may have damaged the main board in this process. then again I got it from the trash of an appliance shop and it had been worked on poorly....

No pics but I have some, it has already been posted before for this same model.

Re: Funai/Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 Picture color washed out and flipped upside down

always post pics, ALWAYS.

you might get lucky and be able to rotate the screen in the menu, or service menu. if not the main is cheap from what you said and an easy fix. possible eeprom swap or main board swap if not able to change in the menu.

it is also possible that the washed out situation is a separate issue with the t-con.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Sounds like someone been in the service menu and have settings messed up
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you both. I don't have a remote nor the info for service menu on this set . The E-prom was $15 at SJ so I opted to risk the main board for $19. If it doesn't work I can send it back for about $2.... Will let you know.

I think your right dskall, somebody screwed the pooch on this set...probably a u-tuber fixer upper. there were some real gem videos on this model... LOL

T-con may be bad too and then that would total every board in this set as a fail. LOL
        I'm glad the power supply repair was time spent only. got the parts from donor boards. Not exactly sure why I'm even fixing this one i guess i can use it in my shop or something for advertisements.

Comment

Someone could have already replaced main board which is why it is messed up.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXKCTiU6I&t=243s
          Last edited by dskall; 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know how to get into the service menu on this model?

Can it be done without a remote?

Comment

How to set up the service mode:
              Service mode:
              1. Turn the power on.
              2. Press [MENU] button to display Setup menu.
              3. Select “Features”.
              4. Select “Current Software Info”.
              5. Press [0], [4], [2], [5], [7], [4] and [INFO] buttons on
              the remote control unit in this order
              Ron Driver,BSEE,CET,ISCET,NESDA

Comment

You will need remote

Comment

Thanks to both of you! The $19 main board came a bit ago so i will try it and re-post an update!

Comment

OK time for me to get schooled.... I put in the replacement main board and it has EXACTLY the same problem. I know this set was worked on by another place before I got it. I ran into the guy who gave it to me and he confirmed that and the guy was not experienced at all and was using Utube on his cell phone when trying to do it. Neither here nor there.. could he have hooked up the t-con board wrong or some other board for the screen... the replacement m board was used but whats the odds of it doing the exact same thing.
                    Any way I will pop the back and take some board photos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK I do not see a t-con board on this set. It looks like the main board does it all. After careful examination I can see that the two boards at top for the screen have not been moved or tampered with. This is getting interesting and leads me to two more questions.
                      1. Could I have missed something on the power supply to do this?
                      (nothing on this one is marked and they used that cheap crap ribbon cable/connector.)
                      2. Do I just need to order a remote from some where for it?

3. Perhaps drill a hole thru one side, tie a rope on it and drag it behind my truck for a couple of days?

Took some pics for you guys...
                      Attached Files

Comment

OK I discovered a remote is more money than i am willing to spend. I got a Galaxy S6 so there is a remote app for this model and i can get into the service menu.. now what??
                        I dont see any thing relating to this just some codes and such.
                        Can anyone tell me the magic key punches??
                        I got it to run thru the test colors accidentally and finally got it back out to the service start screen.

Comment

Found the service manual pdf on a google search. Still there is nothing about flipping the screen or rotating the screen. I do not have a color analyzer... but I do have a schematic for both boards now. I can work with that it has test points and what the correct voltages should be. So i will spend some time on that meanwhile if anyone knows how to rotate this freaken screen I would appreciate the info.....
                          Getting late so i will wait to hear back.
                          Finding that android remote control app is a huge blessing in disguise as well as getting the service manual. I can work with that. I think I may find some voltages off when testing using the schematic, nothing on that board I can't make right.
                          Learning on this one i love it!!!
                          The android app is called AnyMote Smart Remote. It was free also. COOL!!

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1499997329
                            What is the P/N of that LCD panel?
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Maybe some pictures of service menu

Comment

this might be a bit dodgy, but if it was me, and it was working properly but just with the screen upside down. i would open it up and just rotate the screen 180 degrees within the bezel. extend the speaker wires and make sure they are on the correct side, and extend the ir and button board wires.

i know this is cheating, but it could be an easier approach. :P
                                WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

There several different main board versions for this model# make sure you have the correct main board you can identify this by matching the 1st 3 characters of the serial#
                                  (Example DS7= A1AFCMMA-001 (MAIN).... ME4= A17FAMMA-001-DM (MAIN)

Also if you do have the service manual,look for the "SCALER" setting you might try that adjustment,this changes the rotation of the picture
                                  Ron Driver,BSEE,CET,ISCET,NESDA

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                    Here's a couple more pics for you guys. Just got here so i haven't had time to do any testing yet.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

My guess is that you've got another brand of main board in it and you've now purchased a replacement based off of the incorrect numbers off of the original. What are the numbers on the white sticker on that main board? There are Emerson, Funai, Sylvania, Magnavox, and possible other versions of this TV. Some can have the panel oriented 'upside down'. Others don't.

Comment

I looked at your pictures and don't see a sticker on the main board. It may possibly be on the back. Please check and let me know. I have a bunch of mains for different versions of this set and would be happy to help you out on it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X