need help with Apple AcBel 1PC36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with Apple AcBel 1PC36

hi,i recently recapped a non responsive acbel 1pc36 power supply. i need to know what is the plugged in state for this supply with no jumper wire on the on plug pins.
    is it normal for the fans to come on and meter readings on the plug to be normal? or does the start pin need to be bridged to get any readings from the plug?

it seems like its stuck on on and not standby from what i read on the threads.
    its not cycloning only when i bridge the other set of pins will it do that but im not sure if its because im not plugging the pins right because after a while it stops. i dont have the right resistor for that so i was improvising with a common resistor.

also it feels warm like normal power supplys and when i plug it in the G4
    it starts for a few seconds then shuts off. when i remove the power supply all pins seem normal except the 12v becomes 9v for while then returns to normal.

so im not sure if its something on the g4 shutting down or shorting the power supply or something wrong on the power supply.
    its a difficult scale where to me since its fresh caps,consistent meter readings at the plug and board to me its working but the motherboard i see no threads about it shutting down the powersupply. i also read i need the monitor plugged in to keep it on but i cant confirm this.
    any help will be most appreciated.

Re: need help with Apple AcBel 1PC36

Please post some pictures of both side of the switching power supply board we might be able to help you figure out what is going on with it
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
    X