Phillips 55PUS6561/12 Black Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phillips 55PUS6561/12 Black Screen

Hi, before you change the ribon cable measure all voltage delivered on Tcon board , like VHG, VGL etc., If all voltage are present.
    After that you can connect cable.

Comment

Originally posted by viking6791 View Post
      Hi, before you change the ribon cable measure all voltage delivered on Tcon board , like VHG, VGL etc., If all voltage are present.
      After that you can connect cable.
      Sure! 😁

I ordered a flex cable just in case. I will measure the TCON panels voltages tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I had to order the cable from the Netherlands.

So after I connected the new tcon ribbon cable the whole screen turned white bright like this:

After that I mesured the voltages on the T-CON board.

Here are the results:
        Vcore: 1.05V
        PG: 0.18V
        VCC18: 1.8V
        VDD: 15.7V
        VCC33: 3.3.V
        HVDD: 7.8V
        VGH: 28V
        VGC1: -5.1V
        VCC5: 0
        VComLFB: 5.7V

There are next to the right tcon cable:

V18: 0.5V
        V13: 5.1V
        V14: 3.9V
        V10: 7.6V
        V9: 8.2V
        V6: 10.7V
        V5: 11.8V
        V1: 15.2V

And next to the left side tcon cable:

CLK1:-3.1V
        CLK2:-2.8V
        CLK3-CLK7: -2.7V
        CLK8: -2.8V

What do you guys think?
        VCC5 is missing (5V maybe?).
        Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to add that the T-CON board is making a buzzing noise when it's powered.

Comment

UPDATE

I got a new T-CON board for the TV today.

Hooking it up caused some ticking noise from the PSU and the Mainboard. No display, power LED for a few seconds then nothing just the ticking noise. Putting back the old TCON board produced the same symptoms as before.

After I put back the new TCON again, I measured If 12V were present on the new TCON, and indeed it was not. Then as I tried to locate the source of the ticking noise I noticed the smell of burnt electronics... then BAMM. Explosion on the motherboard.

I disconnected the TV from AC and I took out the mainboard.

Q3304 died. It's an AON4421 P-Channel MOSFET. I could order replacement part from Aliexpress.

However I want to know first what could have caused this.

Do you guys have any idea? Could it be the new TCON panel? It wasn't receiving power during the ticking.

I'm getting really desperate from this TV.
            Attached Files

Comment

Make sure that new tcon is an acceptable match to your tv, usually done by matching up the numbers on the white sticker, you may have gotten a defective one or mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Make sure that new tcon is an acceptable match to your tv, usually done by matching up the numbers on the white sticker, you may have gotten a defective one or mismatch.

The printed numbers match up.
                But the sticker is different.
                Is this the problem?
                Attached Files

Comment

If you have a metal connector on the main / t-con ribbon towards the precise t-con, you have inserted it in reverse in the t-con. You shorted the t-con power supply to 12V.
                  Example
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks like one is from a 49 inch tv and the other is from a 55 inch, im not sure if that matters tho?

Comment

if i recall not long ago a guy had a vizio, HE WAS TRYING TO PUT A 60 TCON INTO I THINK IT WAS 65, ALL OTHER NUMBERS MATCHED BUT IT DIDNT WORK TIL HE GOT THE 65 TCON REPLACEMENT, not sure if that applies here SORRY BOUT THE BIG LETTERS, DAMN BUTTON IS STUCK ON KEYBOARD.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        looks like one is from a 49 inch tv and the other is from a 55 inch, im not sure if that matters tho?
                        +1

but even will be not the reason of MB short.. it sound to me he had worked and tested long time with broken old ribbon. or he install the new one but didnt clean the sockets in case old pins rest stick inside

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                          If you have a metal connector on the main / t-con ribbon towards the precise t-con, you have inserted it in reverse in the t-con. You shorted the t-con power supply to 12V.
                          Example
                          But how could I insert it in reverse If its (the metal tcon ribbon cable) is fixed to the chassis with tape? I mean if its reversed, it should have shorted the older tcon panel too, no? While the olser once was just missing VCC5 and it made faint buzzing. But the display turned on, it was just white.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            +1

but even will be not the reason of MB short.. it sound to me he had worked and tested long time with broken old ribbon. or he install the new one but didnt clean the sockets in case old pins rest stick inside

I will check on the sockets If it's has any bent pins or pieces of broken pins from the old ribbon cable.

Comment

T-con is wrong, one is a 6871L-4042D and one is a 6871L-4003C. Never order a t-con with the 6870C numbers, those are plain pcb numbers and not the order numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
                                T-con is wrong, one is a 6871L-4042D and one is a 6871L-4003C. Never order a t-con with the 6870C numbers, those are plain pcb numbers and not the order numbers.
                                Hmm I see you mean. Should I contact the store that I bought it from and ask for a swap/refund?

I ordered the new MOSFET for the mainboard from aliexpress. I want to fix it If it's possible.

Comment

Sure why not, if they want any return business, they will probably trade it out with no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix93 View Post
                                    Hmm I see you mean. Should I contact the store that I bought it from and ask for a swap/refund?

I ordered the new MOSFET for the mainboard from aliexpress. I want to fix it If it's possible.
                                    Did you fixed the tv?

Comment

I did fix the motherboard with a new MOSFET. It was time consuming, because whole traces/pads got destroyed when it went poof. I can upload some photos of it If you want to check it.

Unfortunately, the LCD panel was shorted, so I sold the motherboard and the PSU later. ��

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix93 View Post
                                        I did fix the motherboard with a new MOSFET. It was time consuming, because whole traces/pads got destroyed when it went poof. I can upload some photos of it If you want to check it.

Unfortunately, the LCD panel was shorted, so I sold the motherboard and the PSU later. ��
                                        okay unfortunately. I have the same TV with the same problem. Also have short in the LCD screen. I was able to solve this by replacing an smd capacitor, which had a short on the LCD screen driver board. I suspect you had the same problem. Unfortunately you don't have it anymore otherwise I could have helped you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X