Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15IKB dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15IKB dead

For this laptop warranty ended just a month ago and right now its completely dead.
    On mainboard all looks fine (no visible damages) and power jack is fine.
    All mosfet looks like ok.
    I've already try the BIOS reset button, reflash BIOS and reflowed CPU but same result. Battery is completly drained and its not charging.
    I still didnt' find board schematic and looking for replacing board its really expansive.

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15IKB dead

MB code?? NM-B451??

Comment

Why would you reflow CPU? This may actually make a fixable board unfixable! Did you troubleshoot first? Measure voltage and resistance on all coils and report back. Also please provide motherboard reference as requested in above post.

Comment

Spider1211 basically I completely agree with you. I wanted to made a try but don't worry I've a rework station and usually makes chip reflow and all cycle its under temperature computer control.
        Near CPU there is: 330S_KBL_MB_V06 REV: MR and P/N 431204222050.
        Coils resistances are all fine and voltage on it is all 0 except L5901 (3R3) near BIOS chip of around 140mV
        Last edited by shybear; 10-30-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

No standby voltages = look at the charger and especially its input side (ACDET etc)

Comment

I think no schematic available for this mb. Measure voltage on PIN 1/4/5 of DC-IN mosfets. They are likely to be 2 mosfets there. Which charging IC is being used here?? You can download the datasheet of charging IC and check ACN/ACP/ACDEt/ACOK/REGN and so on. Similarly , you can move on to 3v-5V pwm controllers and check their datasheets. Thats the only way you can move forward.

Comment

I am having the same issue on a 330S-15IKB Motherboard part number MB-5B20571235. I received this from some on that plugged the DC in connector in backwards. Once correcting this I get 20V to the power supply section of the board but nothing out of it anywhere. I really could use a drawing or block diagram on this circuit. The NCP302035 Integrated Driver Mosfets are not getting any voltage but I could not figure out where the voltage is supposed to come from.

Comment

As per above comments, review where the dcin connector starts. There should be mosfets near by. Then a charger IC. Often, the charger IC is from TI (not the rapper).

Take and post clear pictures of the area for a review.

Comment

This schematics can be useful
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks @menshawy. Appreciated.

See attached. Review the highlighted mosfets and measure the voltage on each of the pins:

source (1-2-3)
                    gate (4)
                    drain (5-6-7-8)

for the 2 x DCin mosfets. Need to know if the mosfets are being enabled or not and if the voltage is reaching the main power rail of the logic board.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X