Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp 15-cs2023ca USB 2.0 not working

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
    Crystal can be tested with DSO. Should be located near to SOC.
    sir if the crystal ok and frequency showing on oscilloscope (e.g 32 Khz). so, does it mean that all of its circuit ok? or should we use every part?

Comment

The soc that is responsible for the usb state machine uses a 24mhz reference crystal. Locate it with the keyword 'xtal' in the schematic.

Then measure the operation with an oscilloscope to see if it is oscillating. A defective crystal or a crystal with the wrong frequency will make the usb engine appear faulty.

If available, replace the part for a quick test. Do not lose the original part(s).

The scope should measure 24mhz and oscillate with a sine wave.

There is also a local clock crystal of 32.768khz value. If the clock settings are stable and the clock is accurate, likely this 32.768khz is ok.

Comment

Also confirm the resistors linked to the USB operation with this SOC.

See attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

mon2 thanks for the info... My dear do you have the schematics for this board or you have just posted generic photos of any random schematics with this SOC???? Kindly info me, troubleshooting will be much easier for me. & I have so many of the 24Mhz crystals, I can just replace it with a new good one.

Comment

It is from the posting made here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102818

which I am assuming is close to your logic board - perhaps not 100%.

Either way, it is a crystal so search for a shiny metallic component on your logic board or post pics of this area. It should be either stamped with '24' or silk screened with the same to denote the frequency.

Comment

Much appreciated mon2., will do so later & will inform you. Thanks

Comment

mon2, I am expecting this is the correct crystal 24MHz, I will replace it with a brand new one.. Thnaks
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes. It only a suggestion since you have lost a block of usb ports.

From a distance, the crystal package appears to be 3225 but check with a micrometer. 3.2*2.5 mm ?

Comment

Mon2, I got the exact replacement, but it was a knowledgeable try... Did not work at all. Same problem. I think mcplslg123 is right, it's the SOC which is defective & I should not be wasting more time on it. It's not only the USBs, but also the SD card Reader & the camera do not work. I am going for a new motherboard. Thanks for everyone's effort, I appreciate all your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X