X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Earlier today we received a T2 Locked Mac mini where the customer stated it was MDM, and they said Apple told them this. It appears it was not MDM locked because once the serial was changed it would not communicate with the Apple Activation server, so that confirmed it was definitely icloud locked and it had the newest iBridge patch . Usually even if it has the patch and it is MDM it never matters because I could easily just change the serial and voila activated, but I am starting to wonder if we may come close to MDM removal on M1 devices. I now have a 14" MDM on hand we just got and it makes me want to start digging into the board and seeing about forcing the serial to come up. WISH me luck lol
    I am curious Stephen, was you able to activate the Mac with the new iBridge after you changed the SN? I am not quite understanding what you did. And is a possible Activation/Bypass for the new iBridge=iBoot-7429.81.3?

Comment

T203 Programmer and Check M8

I have 2 x Macbook Air 2020, both are iCloud locked.

I have tried to use Checkm8 tool (paid) to remove activation but program show an error in CheckM8
      I don't see my specific model "A2179" as compatible but it dose say all 2020 is supported.
      Not sure if they missed adding this model number.

I seen a YouTube video of someone in same situation they used the T203 Programmer then ran the checkm8 tool again and it worked.

Would this t204 work for my model, is it need or should a paid tool alone work.

Is there an alternative I can use besides the "T203"
      I have a "TL866II Plus" and "SOFI SP8-A" that i use for doing laptop and desktop bios password removals.

Macbook Air - 2020
      Model: A2179
      Latest OS
      iCloud Locked

Comment

If it cannot be removed it has the latest iBridge. Sorry man nothing can be done at this time. Just paper weight at this time.
        sigpic
        MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Re: T203 Programmer and Check M8

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post

I have tried to use Checkm8 tool (paid) to remove activation but program show an error in CheckM8
          I don't see my specific model "A2179" as compatible but it dose say all 2020 is supported.

I seen a YouTube video of someone in same situation they used the T203 Programmer then ran the checkm8 tool again and it worked.

I have a "TL866II Plus" and "SOFI SP8-A" that i use for doing laptop and desktop bios password removals.

Macbook Air - 2020
          Latest OS
          iCloud Locked

Can you post the error you got from Checkmate software here?

Comment

Re: T203 Programmer and Check M8

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post

Macbook Air - 2020
            Latest OS
            iCloud Locked
            Your MacBooks have new BridgeOS which is not publicly supported for bypass
            but there is a solution coming for it.
            Off course not free but a solution at least.

Comment

Hi All
              I have been working on the late Mac Mini and found SN is in U4470, I have managed to read and write back with no problems and use the T2 programe to jailbreak it.
              My problem is the T2 wont activate with the serial number, i have tried moding the original BIN files but to no luck, if anyone can give me any help on this matter i would be very grateful.
              Please see attached schematic with overlay https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110533
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-26-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteK View Post
                Hi All
                I have been working on the late Mac Mini and found SN is in U4470, I have managed to read and write back with no problems and use the T2 programe to jailbreak it.
                My problem is the T2 wont activate with the serial number, i have tried moding the original BIN files but to no luck, if anyone can give me any help on this matter i would be very grateful.
                Please see attached schematic with overlay https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110533
                You can't Bypass iCloud by just changing SN.
                it is only for MDM bypass.

Comment

Changing serial is not a bypass for MDM. It’s a permanent unlock however it only works for MDM devices. Serial number needs to match for T2 chip if it is iCloud locked.
                  sigpic

Comment

still no hack for ibridge 6?

Comment

Hi all it's been a while since I have posted on here

I have read the posts previously and I am somewhat confused a little sp seeking some clarification pretty please.

Ok so I have MDM locked T2 device with latest Ibridge already been repaired sys config etc etc now I am wondering if I can change the serial to the same year same model of an unenrolled T2 device.

Now was wondering about the activation process problem can the serial be changed before or after this as this doesn't always happen and believe if T2 detects a different part installed.

Sorry if I'm confusing people here

Thanx OXY

Comment

How do you know they're MDM locked BTW?

From what I've read, if it's truly MDM locked, you change the serial number in the SPI ROM and then it will activate (according to Stephen).

Comment

Thanks for the reply

When initiating installation of new OS the pop-up screen appears (when connected to net) also the bypass works if no internet available just click other no internet.

When in the 0S running the sudo command in terminal brings up the MDM locked info and then initiates installation of said profiles.

Just wanted clarification on if the serial number has been changed to NO MDM LOCK OR FMIP/FMM/ICLOUD to a serial of the same will it activate successfully.

Oh and someone mentioned about serials changing a digit I can categorically say the last 4 digits reference to the colour/spec/year of the device other than the 2021 which use a completely different way of identifying.

Thanks OXY

Comment

MDM locks only require Serial number changes. If it is a true MDM lock it will always activate. If it is not it will never activate and give you server connection error. Also you be an always check serials for free online to verify what Model macbook they are.

Sometimes all it requires is a digit to be changed or a letter. It’s wise to always change it to the exact model and year of that said device.

I hate saying this but Apple has given us false information on MDM locked devices however there is MDM serial number checkers online to verify if the serial is iCloud locked and it MDM locked. I would personally keep a database of those saved if you verify if they are locked or not. This will come useful one day when we eventually see a such device like PURPLE used for iOS devices.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also apologies typing on small iPhone 7 lol to respond.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello guys, I need a backup of '/usr/libexec/mobileactivationd' from a bypassed device, i need the one after you make only the jailbreak and skip the activation. Thanks.

Ps: not sure yet, but i can make a full bypass of this s**

Comment

Not true. MDM can still have Activation lock to the company email. Changing the serial will solve this issue and remove the lock for good. Even with iBridge 6+
                                  Hello Stephen hope you're doing well,

I came across this post while trying to find a solution to my problem.

Recently I purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro 16" on marketplace, seller looked legit and everything seemed to be OK, I checked the iCloud ( it was free) , also checked the serial # and it showed a valid warranty, however I wanted to do a fresh install of Monterey, and after doing so a "Remote Management" message came up, which I was able to bypass by following a tutorial I found on the web.

However, is there any paid software solution that can change the serial number to permanently remove this message? I found a tool on eBay but its only for 2009-2017 models, and in all honesty I don't like the idea of having that MDM profile on my laptop ( even though is bypassed ).

Will appreciate any guidance on the matter

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101283

From now on go here if you want help for unlocking
                                    Hi,

Sorry if I am not caught up but did you remove this method because it no longer works or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards

Comment

MDM locks only require Serial number changes. If it is a true MDM lock it will always activate. If it is not it will never activate and give you server connection error. Also you be an always check serials for free online to verify what Model macbook they are.

Sometimes all it requires is a digit to be changed or a letter. It’s wise to always change it to the exact model and year of that said device.

I hate saying this but Apple has given us false information on MDM locked devices however there is MDM serial number checkers online to verify if the serial is iCloud locked and it MDM locked. I would personally keep a database of those saved if you verify if they are locked or not. This will come useful one day when we eventually see a such device like PURPLE used for iOS devices.
                                      Hey thanks for the reply

Ok I had an MDM LOCKED machine that was repaired (the official way nudge nudge) I went ahead and removed the T2 ROM and changed the serial etc etc. But now I cannot restore/revive just wondering if this has something to do with it was previously on monterey which has somehow patched something so the serial number change reports to the T2 and won't let it boot restore/revive. I have I borked the logic board ��

PS official way meaning sys config which basically updates Apples system with the logic board numbers etc etc using diagnostic tool.

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by RMKyle View Post
                                        Hi,

Sorry if I am not caught up but did you remove this method because it no longer works or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards
                                        I had this removed because I got tired of all the harassment emails our shop received and phone calls from random people, and also mostly removed more because of the issues it brought from people using it for the wrong reasons.

I personally have continued my work doing this for companies now but for now I am just busy with multiple new projects. currently we are moving our business to a new location since we have grown.

In the mean time I have ceased tutorials on this until further notice. I will eventually come up with a new tutorial one day for the MDM locks for M1 devices which do not require bypassing. So far nothing, but I am hopeful.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoesMeow View Post
                                          Hello Stephen hope you're doing well,

I came across this post while trying to find a solution to my problem.

Recently I purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro 16" on marketplace, seller looked legit and everything seemed to be OK, I checked the iCloud ( it was free) , also checked the serial # and it showed a valid warranty, however I wanted to do a fresh install of Monterey, and after doing so a "Remote Management" message came up, which I was able to bypass by following a tutorial I found on the web.

However, is there any paid software solution that can change the serial number to permanently remove this message? I found a tool on eBay but its only for 2009-2017 models, and in all honesty I don't like the idea of having that MDM profile on my laptop ( even though is bypassed ).

Will appreciate any guidance on the matter
                                          Sadly MDM locks cannot be removed unless you contact the company. I have had multiple MDM locks on M1 devices without needing to do hardware or bypasses. I have resources to contact these companies so it is easy to get them removed, however, if these companies get disbanded, then you will come across MDM locked devices that are permanent and the company cannot remove it since they no longer exist.

Keep in mind companies will not remove the locks if you purchased it third party in most cases. Just know that not all companies will talk with someone that bought it off a marketplace, most companies will talk to our business because we are licensed so MDM locks are somewhat easier to get them removed on M1 Devices when we get them in bundles or sometimes when we buy them or get them.

HOWEVER, this does not mean an MDM lock device is permanent for now, because again all it requires is a SERIAL number change as always, but for M1 devices we have yet to figure a way to find where the serial is located.

I will say this, I do have an MDM 14" MBP M1 PRO with an MDM lock (not anymore), the company was ByteDance aka TikTok, we had this removed recently it took a few months but we finally got it removed after constantly digging into who we can get into contact with. Keep in mind ByteDance does not have a contact number or email for anyone to reach any department especially since they are based out of China.

We will however focus on MDM locks for M1 devices eventually. I just see it pointless if we can just contact the company and have it removed. However we have yet to need to find a hardware method for this, I do know we will eventually.
                                          Last edited by Stephen; 10-12-2022, 11:48 AM.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X