LG 47LW5700 video issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 47LW5700 video issue

Have a LG 47LW5700 that has a solarized picture when turned on. Is this the main board - needs to be heated or solder re-flowed ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ajshoe; 08-30-2022, 08:51 AM. Reason: add pic

Re: LG 47LW5700 video issue

Is t-con integrated in mainboard?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I'll open it up and post pics. thanks

Comment

This happens for about 2 reasons, 1. bad gamma control on tcon, 2. wrong panel setting in main board, so first must access the service menu with a service RC, access it with IN-START, then make a full reset with IN-STOP.

Comment

got tv from orig owner who did not open or play with settings. don't think parameters were ever touched. try to open it up tommorrow. will post pics. several posts have baked main board in oven and it fixes it. how long ???

Comment

it's not cautional to bake it, the settings can be polluted by little spike from AC, that is much common and is more and more common with this season and the hating air conditioners working..

Comment

when set turns on from cold - solarization is very noticeable. after set warms up - much less solarization

Comment

in this case can also be a processor soldering..

Comment

thanks Pee. You were correct as I heated main proc up to 350 F with some paste and it works perfectly now (removed heat sink first). been running for hours now.

Comment

stupido teppista..

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
                      thanks Pee. You were correct as I heated main proc up to 350 F with some paste and it works perfectly now (removed heat sink first). been running for hours now.
                      Let it cool down and test it again. I have my doubts 350F has done much.

Comment

I think what happens is heating and flux removes oxides that temporarily make contact again but will fall after a while.
                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                        X