X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Standby Light on Samsung UN65MU6300FXZA with Mainboard BN94-12440E

I had a Dead Samsung UN65MU6300FXZA with Mainboard BN94-12440E
    Dead / No Power / No Standby Light results after power company had three
    consecutive power outages on/off/on/off/on/off after which TV was rendered unresponsive.

After exploring the issue found Mainboard was the fault. Then with research on this site determined IC1604 was the suspect. The IC1604 is a surface mounted device (SMD) EEPROM, Winbond Model 25Q40CLSIP. A read on this EEPROM came back with all FF FF FF FF FF in all registers blank and empty of data. I had a spare mainboard with intact IC1604 and utilized the dump from it to rewrite the blanked EEPROM.

After replacing the restored IC1604 and mounting the Mainboard back into the chassis, the TV standby light illuminated. Then with a touch of the power button the Samsung 65" came back to life. Very Rewarding Experience I had to share with this Team. Hope this helps someone else with a similar issue and please see attached images for component location.
    Good Luck and keep repairing and learning.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael Long; 09-13-2022, 08:20 AM.

Re: No Standby Light on Samsung UN65MU6300FXZA with Mainboard BN94-12440E

Can you post the dump?

Comment

That chip is called flash memory, not EEPROM, however it's still programmable.
      Anyways, thanks for sharing and congrats with your success story.

Comment

I have a doubt about the name as the acronym eeprom i guess is still good also for flash memories.. eeprom is a generic term and doesn't express a technology of the memory cells, isn't it? At the end them are both rom also..
        Last edited by Davi.p; 09-15-2022, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Find the datasheets for 24x and 25x chips and compare the names.
          Generic term for both is "non-volatile memory"
          But real techs can ignore all of this and use the names they like.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
            That chip is called flash memory, not EEPROM, however it's still programmable.
            Anyways, thanks for sharing and congrats with your success story.
            The 25Q40CLSIP is Serial Flash memory, a type of EEPROM.

Comment

i usually refer to 24c eeproms as "24c eprom" or "i2c eprom" but probably i'm wrong.. it's easier to call them eeprom for one and spi flash the other one in fact..

Comment

I really hoped that this thread would help others Fix their Troubled Flat Panel Televisions.
                I have to admit I am learning more than I expected from this post. Being my background
                is a Mechanical Engineer in the Automotive Industry...

Now I know that I am just fishing for an Atta-Boy, because I don't get enough at home

Any Comments on the pretty picture I included on component location, or that the First Post
                on this Thread was the Solution to the issue, and Not just a PLEE for help...

I also added the BIN file as requested, and want to note that this fixes the NO STANDBY light
                issue, that is not clearly resolved with any of online repair kits or Flash Memory sold on eBay.

I should also say that there were TWO Winbond chips on this Mainboard to my surprise...
                I first re-flashed the 25Q80DVSIG with no JOY ( because I saw it for sale on eBay )
                I want to give thanks to everyone here...
                I LUV this site...
                Last edited by Michael Long; 09-17-2022, 04:37 PM. Reason: improved content

Comment

Great stuff Michael, thank you, the upload is appreciated, I'm sure it will help others in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X