Lenovo Thinkpad L460 Type 20FV NM-A651 BIOS (Main + EC) Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad L460 Type 20FV NM-A651 BIOS (Main + EC) Needed

Laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad L460 Type 20FV.
    Mainboard is BL460 NM-A651 Rev 1.0

The laptop takes a long time to POST, then shows the Lenovo screen and shuts down promptly. Cannot select startup device menu or BIOS.

Think it might be a corrupted BIOS maybe. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad L460 Type 20FV NM-A651 BIOS (Main + EC) Needed

Originally posted by wynandjonker View Post
    Laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad L460 Type 20FV.
    Mainboard is BL460 NM-A651 Rev 1.0

The laptop takes a long time to POST, then shows the Lenovo screen and shuts down promptly. Cannot select startup device menu or BIOS.

Think it might be a corrupted BIOS maybe. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks
    Try this
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks simpleway tested wok for me

Comment

I tried with the file, but the laptop does want to start.Some suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by dannedelea23 View Post
          I tried with the file, but the laptop does want to start.Some suggestions?
          post the bios backup here
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks for flashing the BIOS. It’s a pity that it didn’t help if you have the opportunity to tell on the bl460 board where to find the dump and the program on it
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-01-2020, 08:05 AM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Originally posted by simpleway View Post
              Try this
              HI, it's the same content in UC8M2 and UC8M1? can I use the dump for both spi bios.??

Comment

Originally posted by sourcebf View Post
                HI, it's the same content in UC8M2 and UC8M1? can I use the dump for both spi bios.??
                Post both your bios backups. The L460 Type 20FV bios is split across 2 X 8MB bios chips, it has vPro support.The other 8MB bios versions are non vPro.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-30-2020, 04:13 PM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Post both your bios backups. The L460 Type 20FV bios is split across 2 X 8MB bios chips, it has vPro support.The other 8MB bios versions are non vPro.
                  hi bro

I Don't have the originals dumps because this laptop came to me from another technician who has already flashed the two bios

in my case I have n vpro model 2x 8 Mega spi
                  Last edited by sourcebf; 06-30-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Both bios at post #2 are both non vPro, checked both with MEAnalyzer and they`re both "initialised" which means the ME needs cleaning. If you don`t know how to do that one of the members will sort it. The bios should be flashed to UC8M1 only

EDIT: i see you`ve edited your post now. What do you have vPro 2 X 8MB or non (not) vPro 1 X 8MB
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-30-2020, 04:40 PM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Both bios at post #2 are both non vPro, checked both with MEAnalyzer and they`re both "initialised" which means the ME needs cleaning. If you don`t know how to do that one of the members will sort it. The bios should be flashed to UC8M1 only

EDIT: i see you`ve edited your post now. What do you have vPro 2 X 8MB or non vPro 1 X 8MB
                      referring to the schematics the vpro model is with 2x16 Mega and non vpro like mine is 2x8 mega see attachhed picture,

I did clean ME and flash UC8M1 with, board power on for 40 sec and restart in loop (every 40 sec ) I attached my clean ME dump
                      Attached Files

Comment

I did not understand sorry
                        I confirm as you mentioned that for the non vpro is 1X 8 mega spi and for the vpro 2 X 8 mega spi
                        for my case I have two 8 mega spi which means vpro model I am dead bro

see page 8 in schematics
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-01-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

i

Hii i need to lenovo l460 power on no display problem and bios password problem

Comment

Help!
                            L460 NM-A651 black screen
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lenovo L460 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20FV

Hello to all.

I need a BIOS Dump for this L460 . Used to work few minutes ago 100% , the reason that stopped working (with 5 short single beeps) is that i tried to unlocked the DXE driver (supervisor). (already done it to another one, and succeed just fine).
                              Don't know why it got stuck ,and now it doesn't accept the original dump as well, i believe that it wasn't verified , correctly or read correctly.

Anyone have the original BIOS Dump ?

I am posting the original bios dump (which it was working, but suddenly after the dxe stopped).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Lenovo L460 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20FV

L460 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20FV
                                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  You are a legend.
                                  It's back and running.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                    Thanks dear its me cleaned and worked flawless

Comment

HI...i need bios bin for non vpro..mine has 1 8 mb chip....no display...the power button blink 2 times and shuts down.after powering on...

Comment

Hi can someone help me fix my bios files for nm-a651 type 20fv. It runs but no display here is original dump files
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X