Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55KU6300FXZA

Originally posted by distearth View Post
    Did the new board fix it? I'm having a similar issue. Backlight comes on when main board is not connected.
    Backlight on and steady with mainboard unhooked, this means backlights and powerboard are ok.

Comment

I don't think you have the same readings with the B.L. working..

Comment

Did the new board fix it? I'm having a similar issue. Backlight comes on when main board is not connected.
        I have a same problem....
        ordered new PS and same problem.
        There are 2 separate circuits of backlight, one on mine not working...Is it possible that this set will not power up with half of BL open (blinking red LED like in the beginning of thread)??

anyone?

Comment

How many blinks? which are the readings on the leds outputs with main board disconnected? if you pull out the Fail count contact from the psb>mb cable with the help of a mini flat screwdriver and you try boot up tv what happens? in an other manner, all things connected, try pressing exit key on RC for at least 15sec., last try, try enter service menu..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 09-12-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

My main board is BN94-10651G. Power board is good. I'm having trouble finding this exact one. Do other models work? I don't care if I lose a port or something.

Comment

whats the version number found on back cover of tv?

Comment

TV Model is UN55KU6290

Comment

look again, version number may be under the model code on the back cover, what are both, full model code and version number? if available.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-13-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the first or second worked for you, you could contact them and ask if they know: https://www.shopjimmy.com/search.php...UN40KU6290FXZA
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-13-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the first or second worked for you, you could contact them and ask if they know: https://www.shopjimmy.com/search.php...UN40KU6290FXZA
                        Thanks. I ordered one!

Comment

Thanks. I ordered one!
                          There will be no image or it will be very distorted, since you ordered a board for a 40 inch model, and you have 55.
                          T-CON is built into the motherboard and the firmware in it is for a specific matrix.
                          Last edited by lotas; 09-14-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I did it with an un55h6350, had to modify one connector, lengthen a speaker wire and cut out a bit of the back cover, didn't have to change anything in service menu.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              I did it with an un55h6350, had to modify one connector, lengthen a speaker wire and cut out a bit of the back cover, didn't have to change anything in service menu.
                              This can be done when T-CON is not built into the motherboard (when T-CON is installed at the bottom or soldered to the bar of the matrix itself).

This model has a separate un55h6350 T-CON (not built into the motherboard), here you can put any motherboard from this series (chassis).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by lotas; 09-14-2022, 06:58 AM.

Comment

ok, thanks for the explanation Lotas, so it doesn't look like that board will work in this case, probably best to cancel the order from shop jimmy, I did see a board for about 50 bucks for the 55 inch.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-14-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Maybe here, be sure and check the numbers on white sticker and get the correct version: https://www.shopjimmy.com/search.php...UN55KU6300FXZA

Comment

Some on ebay too, also an eeprom available for 15 bucks but don't know if that's your issue: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...fLoc=2&_sop=15

Comment

Symptoms EEPROM replacement MAY fix:

- On screen display is stuck on logo screen

- TV will not power on with remote or buttons (LED indicator remains same color)

- TV will not turn on after being off for 30+ minutes

- TV shuts off by itself during channel scan or when switching inputs

- TV turns on and is stuck in color test pattern mode forever

- TV turns on but there is no backlight (LED indicator shows TV is on but there is no image)

Comment

may be able to test eeprom by heating it with a hairdryer or cooling with freeze spray or inverted can of duster spray, then turn tv on and see if there's any change, don't wait after heating or cooling, turn it on right after so its still hot or cold.

Comment

Right there post #34, Lotas pointed out what was wrong and explained it, WITHOUT sarcasm or an attack, thank you Lotas, you

Comment

Working...
                                          X