Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 [BIOS password / BIOS dump]

Hi,

I've set nothing (blank) as BIOS password which led to 'brick' the laptop - system asks for the password that I don't know.
    I managed to get BIOS dump via CH341a flash programmer (in the attachment).

Is anyone know memory location to clear to get rid of that password?
    or
    Is there anyone who can give me XMAKB5R0P0502 BIOS dump from that laptop? All XMAKB5R0P0502 BIOSes that I've found online, returns 'Error 16: Not a valid file type.' in Flash Image Tool - I've suppose they are incomplete or something.

Model: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6
    CPU: i7 8th gen
    GPU: GeForce MX150
    RAM: 16 GB
    Current BIOS: XMAKB5R0P0502
    Attached Files

Re: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 [BIOS password / BIOS dump]

Please close this thread. One of Badcaps users already helped me to 'extract' them from my BIOS dump.

Comment

Originally posted by ravee View Post
      Please close this thread. One of Badcaps users already helped me to 'extract' them from my BIOS dump.
      Well ... don't post the bios here, can someone use it too ???
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        Well ... don't post the bios here, can someone use it too ???
        I agree ,its not good coming here for help then not sharing.

Here`s the bios anyway, it needed fixing,some 00`s were added before EC EF at the end as it was incomplete.The ME is cleaned and the pass removed,which was in plain text .
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi guys,
          I have a BIOS password on my Mi Notebook which I don't remember.
          How I can flash the "free-password" BIOS?

Comment

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

Hey guys,

I need some help as I am locked out of my BIOS (I forgot the password lol).
            Is there anyway to reset the BIOS password back to empty? I've tried removing the battery but that didn't work and there doesn't appear to be a CMOS jumper or battery on the motherboard.

SPECS
            ======
            CPU: i5 8250u
            GPU: Nvidia MX150
            RAM: 8GB

BIOS INFORMATION
            ====
            BIOS Information
            Vendor: INSYDE Corp.
            Version: XMAKB5R0P0502
            Release Date: 10/13/2017
            BIOS Revision: 106.121
            Firmware Revision: 0.2

Thanks in advance guys
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-16-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

im having the same issue. please help

Comment

Upload bios dump.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  Upload bios dump.
                  Hi,
                  Thanks for your reply. I'm not really sure how to do this. I think I need an SPI programmer right?

Comment

Originally posted by spydas View Post
                    Hi,
                    Thanks for your reply. I'm not really sure how to do this. I think I need an SPI programmer right?
                    If you can`t boot into windows or boot from USB yes you`ll need an SPI programmer .
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      If you can`t boot into windows or boot from USB yes you`ll need an SPI programmer .
                      I can boot into Ubuntu Linux, would that work?

Comment

I can boot into Ubuntu Linux, would that work?
                        Is that the installed OS or are you booting from live USB

Comment

It's installed.

Comment

I can also boot from live USB if needed.

Comment

Intel FPT64 attached (as per PM)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-20-2021, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Intel FPT64 attached
                                Perfect, I ran the tool using a windows recovery partition that was still active. It dumped the BIOS perfectly and after decoding it to hex and using some Regex magic (searching for !{S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w ) I was able to retrieve the password which was stored in plaintext (Nice one Xiaomi)

Thanks @SMDFlea for all the help, much appreciated

Comment

Perfect, I ran the tool using a windows recovery partition that was still active. It dumped the BIOS perfectly and after decoding it to hex and using some Regex magic (searching for !{S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w ) I was able to retrieve the password which was stored in plaintext (Nice one Xiaomi)

You`re welcome. Nice job running it from the recovery partition,i hadn`t thought of that

Comment

Hello, sorry to bother but what's the command on FPT to dump? I'm not used to that tool and keep getting errors. Thanks in advance

Comment

I bought a 2nd Hand Xiaomi Notebook Pro laptop but the first owner used a password in the Bios and I cant contact the first owner because I bought the laptop from a local supplier which buys it outside the country.
                                      After searching the web with no clear answer or tutorial. I want to share how I did it.

1st Step. Download Intel FPTW64 FPTW64 files I used from here and place all the files in your :\C folder. You will make a backup of your BIOS. To do this. Open CMD as Administrator then type cd C:\ then press Enter, then after that type

.\fptw64.exe -bios -d bios_backup.bin . This will create a bios_backup.bin file which contains your bios password.

2nd Step. To decode the BIOS .bin file. You need HxD hex editor. Open your .bin file on the HxD program . This will show text you cannot undestand but you only need to use ctrl+f to find this specific location on the texts Use CTRL+F then go to the Hex-values tab and type this 00 65 00 72 00 76 00 69 00 73 00 6F 00 72 00 50. After that you will see on the left side under Decoded Text there is something like {S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w.....(this area will contain your password)aU?..........

Take a photo of that so you can type it when you log in to your BIOS .

Comment

Originally posted by okokokokokok94 View Post
                                        After that you will see on the left side under Decoded Text there is something like {S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w.....(this area will contain your password)aU?..........
                                        it seems to work with this method, but i have an ñ before aU and i´m not able to input this character with the us keyboard

so i´m still locked out. any ideas how to fix this or flash a bios version with the password removed?

Comment

Working...
                                        X