MacBook Pro 16” A2141 Battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro 16” A2141 Battery issue

Dead unit that needed to be revived with T2 Recovery. Computer finally turns on, this is a brand new MacBook Pro. I reinstalled os, works, but one issue. Battery says Service Battery. The battery has one battery cycle. (So it's new and the macbook is new). It wasn't booting before until the reset from T2 DFU mode. Now it boots but the battery is not charging and yes there is no physical water damage. This is a very common issue we are seeing in these models. Any suggestions would help, before we replace the battery.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: MacBook Pro 16” A2141 Battery issue

No suggestions?
    sigpic

Comment

Hey following up!

Replaced the NEW oem battery (the one apple put in this new macbook and it was dead) replaced it with a new OEM battery and it works now and charges. So battery was an issue.
      sigpic

Comment

I am a teacher and I have a cart of 25 A2141 Macbook Pros 16". So far 14 of them have needed battery replacement. They sat for over a year due to the lockdown, and 5 were dead when we came back, four more died this spring (plugged in), and despite being plugged in on an intermittent timer, we lost 5 more over the summer... Seems normal, right?

Comment

OMG.

1) Contact Apple and raise your voice on this issue. Mention that you have boatloads of their product and that you are a decision maker - they do support volume clients such as yourself - regardless of warranty status. Have seen it over and over. Speak nicely but firmly and ask to be escalated to the next level if the first one is not able to assist you.

Have many local cases including how my buddy with butter fingers dropped his rather new iPAD and cracked the display -> with a sweet sob story -> the management handed over a brand new unit. He was going into attack mode which would have led to having his tires slashed by the Apple store staff. He failed to understand - his kid dropped the unit but Apple has to replace it???

2) Batteries do have lifecycles and Apple, for the most part, should last around 500-1000 charge cycles. There is a counter inside their BMS (battery management system). Are you confident that the battery is the fault ?

What are the exact symptoms ? The unit will not charge or hold the charge ? After you replace with a fresh battery, the unit works on battery ok ?

What does the Apple battery report say? Replace the battery ?

I am sure that you are not alone on this case, do contact Apple FIRST for assistance and continue to update this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X