7 hour netbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 hour netbook

have you ever tried to kill a netbook battery?! 6:44 later, its still telling me theres 2hrs left....trying to run it dead, I'm tired of playing with this dopey thing... Hail a new 9-cell battery in my 9" acer!! The original was a 4 cell iirc, and it got to where it would run for about 45 minutes before dying...at its best on the original, it was good for about 1:30....

I'm impressed with this one!!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Re: 7 hour netbook

Wow! An Acer computer that actually exceeds expectations. I'm surprised.

Comment

run prime95, turn lcd brightness all the way up
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

^ LCD is all the way up...... downloaded 400mb worth of updates as well...

As for the smartass acer comment from our resident wisecracker.....I've had excellent luck with every acer product I've had... their monitors just need the occasional recap...
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

^^thank you! I've always recommended acer to people. Not always monitors

my mom and her teacher friend have the exact same 22" acer panel, and both of them have these ovular dark spots across the entire screen. From my research, it turns out it was some kind of corruption that got into them in the factory. too late to take it back
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I used to get 4 hours max on the 6 cell unit in my old EEE 1000HEb... I once was goign to get a 12 cell monster battery for it but the screen crapped on me before I could...
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I'm with shovenose on Acer. I absoloutley hate them. I've seen lots of their PCs with dead motherboards after only 1-2 years. It seems I hate most brands starting with A. Acer, ASUS, Antec, A-Power I hate them all.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

^
                Maybe Acer sends its rejects to aussieland....this netbook has been beat to hell, I use it for Z diagnostics....and it rides shotgun all time time....flung from the seat to the floor, left in the sunlight and extreme heat, and so on.....its 4 years old now.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  ^
                  Maybe Acer sends its rejects to aussieland....this netbook has been beat to hell, I use it for Z diagnostics....and it rides shotgun all time time....flung from the seat to the floor, left in the sunlight and extreme heat, and so on.....its 4 years old now.
                  I've heard good things about acer netbooks but beyond that, they suck.
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

^
                    4 Years? None of the Acer stuff I've come across would have lasted 4 months with that kind of treatment. TBH, I'd go with Asus over Acer any day. Sure, I hate Asus, but I hate Acer even more.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

My main Acer PC is still going strong after 6.5 years (well over 50000 hours), the only upgrades it's had since new have been RAM, a graphics card, an additional hard drive and most recently a new power supply. They didn't skimp on the mainboard either, no cheap caps in sight, all Sanyo and Panasonic (don't know about the small ones around the PCI slot though). The only thing that stopped it working was end-of-life Teapo caps in the PSU.

My Acer 17" CRT on the other hand had the wobbles after only a year, but I believed it to be where I had originally set up the PC - the house's mains box was directly behind the monitor and may have been causing interference through the wall. I haven't taken it apart to see what's inside yet, in fact I haven't even used it since 2007 or so (I was using an LG StudioWorks 700S prior to upgrading to a damaged Hisense LCD TV - the TV had its aerial cable yanked out by the cat going behind and tripping over it, socket and all).

Comment

To clarify, i said ACER COMPUTERS.
                        Other Acer products, (such as my tablet) are fine...

Comment

^
                          Hit and miss with my Acer experiences. I'd rate their products as average. You might be onto something with the rejects to aussieland... always had issues with Acer laptops here.

My Acer M1800 desktop on the other hand is going okay so far... I used to have some Acer Veriton 5500's and they were BULLETPROOOF, still run till this day at grandpa's house.
                          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

^
                            The veritons were their bussiness PCs, and so they are supposed to be better. Personally, though, I've even had bad luck with them, mostly with their non-standard FSP Power supplies blowing up and destroying the motherboard. I think it was mostly on their 5600s.

With the aspire desktops, they have been hit and miss. My friend has one, which is about 4 years old and is mostly OK, but the case failed! The clips holding the power switch to the bezel broke, so I ghetto modded it and it now hangs out the 3.5" bay. Others haven't been so lucky. I've had a few with failed motherboards after only 3-4 years. They also repeated Hell's mistake with the SX280s - putting hot running quad-core CPUs in tiny m-ITX cases, and so they would fry the caps after a few years.

Comment

My Asus Eee PC 1005HA-H has the biggest officially available battery (6 cell 5800mAh) and it's still the original 2 or so year old one, too.

6 hours runtime is no problem at all, even without any powersaving crap active, i.e. full CPU speed, WiFi and Bluetooth on, medium LCD brightness (full kills your eyes), no HDD spindown etc.
                              Officially it's said to get 10 1/2 hours. I'm getting just over 9 hours with the powersaving stuff on on the ~2year old battery. Not too bad.

For runtime alone, these things are awesome. And if you consider there's a 9 cell (7200mAh) battery available for the 1005HA series.. omg! 12+ hours runtime anyone?

Comment

It took just a hair over 7hrs to kill the batt for break-in, with everything running full bore...and it was downloading and installing tons of updates, so it wasn't sitting there idling. The original batt is a 3-cell....even new, it wasn't worth a shit....maybe 2~3hrs. It was to the point that it would be gone in about 30~45 mins. It's 4yrs old.
                                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                Team Stats

Comment

TC - I charge and discharge new laptop/netbook batteries 3-4 times, especially when replacing with higher capacity batteries. I replaced a standard battery on an Acer 8.9" netbook with a 4400mAH. It took 3 charge/discharge cycles for the netbook to recalibrate to the new battery.

Now, if somebody made a high capacity one for my Aspire 1410 11.6" netbook. (It already has a 4400mAH battery).
                                  Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

Working...
                                  X