Another custom C(r)apXon in FSP unit!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another custom C(r)apXon in FSP unit!!

So when I finally got the Rubycons ZLQ 1200/16 and 2200/6.3 in D8 stocked, I thought I at least have something better than CrapXon for a while with the 1200/16, as they make custom 2200/6.3 for some time now, but been still only seeing 1000/16 in D8.

Umm, guess not! FSP has just another custom KF crap, this time 1500/16 in D8x25 mm! This won't ever stop, will it?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Another custom C(r)apXon in FSP unit!!

Seen 16V 470uF custom CrapXons in 6.3x20 in FSP too, got to love it...

Comment

You're right, I've seen those too in some newer units.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Lol. Talk about a cat and mouse game.

This is why I much rather work on HiPro PSUs instead. Units like this one are just so much easier to recap. The 5V rail already has spots for 12.5 mm caps. But even the other cap spots that are only 10 mm diameter... most of these will easily accommodate 12.5 mm caps. Also, the 5VSB rail 2nd cap is 8 mm dia. but will take 10 mm cap fine too. HiPro / Chicony left so much space on the secondary side that I literally put whatever cap I have the most in stock at the time that fits the specs of the originals.
        Last edited by momaka; 11-21-2020, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Just don't replace them with Su'scon.
          Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
          1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYNOuqRwR3M
            My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
              Well, fortunately I don't have any Su'scon caps in stock (not new anyways... and the old ones I have are for testing stuff only if they're still in spec.)

Lol, that 3D render intro was trippy - like it came out a 90's movie
              (Speaking of which, anyone remember those 3D renders in Jonny Quest? They seemed so realistic at the times. Now... not so much... though still a blast to see. )

Anyways, at least Su'scon's got a video. CapXon don't have even that.

Comment

Working...
              X