This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey Folks, another do-it-yourself here. I'm from Canada and enjoy electronics. Especially the older stuff. Looking forward to learning heaps from everyone here.

Comment

Hola a todos desde España. Tengo 55 años y mi primer Pc fue un Amstran, ya ha llovido.
      Espero encontrar una gran ayuda en estos foros y colaborar en lo posible.

Comment

hai guys
        i am Navaf from India

like to have fun here

Comment

Hi!!!!

Comment

I just joined the forum. I've lurked a bit but i logged in because I wanted to see a schematic. I'm 37 and I've been interested in learning about electronics since I was a kid, but I've only recently been serious/successful with it.
            Last edited by mathsquid; 04-27-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

hello I am Hassan from nigeria. I love electronics from childhood. I repair phone and laptop but little knowledge about motherboard repair. I hv posted question here but no reply. Pls help

Comment

Hi,i am daniel from spain.i like to fix things,but allways we need help.so here i am.looking for knowledge.is good that exist forums like this one.i think that who managed this site is doing a great job.

Comment

Hello all Mike from New Orleans Louisiana Burbon Street invites everyone to come visit.
                  I remember the good old days when Ram was $40.00 for 1 megabyte
                  Seagate 300 mb harddrive $300.00 Worked as an electronic Tech for Oceaneering on Remote operated vehicles.Also 20 years on Porsche,Mercedes and BMW.I'm 57 disabled
                  senior with a bad back addicted to fixing old computers I love the knowledge available
                  in this forum.

Comment

Hi. I'm Roger from Philippines. My first experience with computer was with Nova 3 computer by Data General. I still continue repair, design and building electronic projects as my hobby. But still electronics still continue evolving and there's no stopping of leaning new technology. Sometimes I'm not able to catch up.

Comment

hey ya....I'm ledsd...i'm a repair freak....if it broke i fix it

I just want to say, "This IS the BEST site i have found"

THANK YOU
                      ledsd

Comment

Howdy folks. My name is Rob. I'm from Radford, VA in the U.S.

Extremely novice, but I managed to do a cap repair on a plasma TV once. As a result.. I now have 1 plasma and 3 LCDs in my basement, all in need of repair. The journey begins!
                        Thanks for having me,
                        Rob

Comment

hi all

hi all im vaughan from south africa and thank you for this great site

Comment

Greetings from South Africa!

I am an electronic hobbyist and an audio enthusiast.

Thanks for the vast amount of info on this forum! Registered yesterday and am happy to say I have learnt a heck of a lot reading up on caps..

Comment

Hi to everyone. I am a hobbyist who has gotten into electronics through necessity. I.e. trying to fix things rather than pay for anything new. I have found the study of electronics fascinating but admit I know next to nothing, yet refuse to buy anything new unless I have tinkered with what has broken. I have fixed a boiler and a few bits and bobs but could not fix my daughters hair straighteners. I found this site whilst searching for advice on fixing my now broken plasma Tv and I am determined to get it back on my wall.

Comment

Hi all, joining this forum in hopes of repairing a DVD player with what looks like a bulged capacitor. From Huntersville NC, and no real electronics experience, just messing around with stuff when I can.

Comment

Hello, I am a professional electronic repair from Italy, I'd be glad to be part of this huge resource for the world of electronic!
                                  Thanks a lo to all!
                                  Fulcro

Comment

Greetings

My name is John and I'm from Central Indiana.

I work on electronics frequently, mainly due to my hobby of collecting and restoring pinball machines from the 1980s and 1990s.

I joined today in hopes of getting some help fixing a Syncmaster 2493 which is dead - the power LED is not illuminated.

Comment

Greetings to all,

My name is Cesar from Mexico, and I sometimes like to deal with fixing my pc on my own, not hard core stuff though

Have fun!

Comment

Hello,

My "handle" is CyberKnight and I just joined BadCaps today, been in the electronics world since I was nine years old, which was a very long time ago! Multiple careers since, reel-to-reel tape machine repair and calibration for high-end audio retailer, professional audio engineering, professional audio equipment regional rep, audio studio general manager, broadcast facility engineer, etc.

What I miss most is the smell of solder, almost impossible to repair anything now unless you are a programmer and have the source code! But I can replace a bad cap or two - yay, that old sweet smell of solder returns...

Best,

Comment

Hey all. AmEv here. Ammon works, too.

I'm a bit of an electronics junkie. Came here to get my Dell 15 monitor fixed. Got no backlight or display.

Found a thread that might help; however, I apparently have a different revision. So, we'll see how that goes.

My personal tablet is the Toshiba Thrive. Great tablet in of itself, but then Toshiba ended up locking it tighter than *insert witty joke here.* Still love the thing to death.

Comment

Working...
                                          X