Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radeon VII (Sapphire) seems GPU ok

Hi Guys!

I got a Radeon VII as virigin, unopened, but not working card. Windows not detect, see something, but not recognize what it is exactly. Radeon software's the same. For the first look i found a broken cap, a bit up from the PCI pins. One lay down to the other, i thought bingo, but after correction still not post. (Possibly the cap broke while the previous owner tried to insert and remove the card few times)

Measured the voltages stable, gpu getting warm, resistances think good so far, all seem ok for me, pls see the pictures below. Connected directly to the bios chip, dumped than updated, but still not working.

If the card has no short and voltages still present, i have no more idea where the problem be. Anyone idea for recognize?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Formaster; 09-28-2021, 01:51 PM.

Re: Radeon VII (Sapphire) seems GPU ok

If all voltages are present and the GPU is not detected by the PC then for the Radeon VII this, I believe, can't be repaired

I have one here to look at myself, if you give me maybe a week I will get around to doing that and upload a Youtube video
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Thank you. I just searched deep on HMB gpu's and 99% of the cases is dead core or memory. This is a really fustrating theme, many people shouted for recalls, one guy had 3 card dead under normal use.

A russian guy who professional repair VGA's, he arrived 40 pieces from a mining farm, can't be one of these repaired, every case dead core.

Comment

That is what I heard too
        Follow me on YouTube
        ------------------
        Learn Electronics Repair
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
        X