question about tv main board processor temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about tv main board processor temperatures

Hi,is it normal that the large processor on the TV mainboard has different temperatures ? it is a square the lower part 48c, left side 53c, right side 80c, and top 62c seen from below

Re: question about tv main board

How are you measuring the temperatures? Its unlikely something would be 80c next to 42c due to conduction.

Comment

Hi i an using an infrared thermometer 5 cm to the object

Comment

As you've found out they aren't so accurate if shone onto a reflective surface. Put a piece of matt tape on the area you want to measure and move the 111gun away slighlty as per the instructions.

Comment

thank you for the answer diif but is it normal with different values on the same chip,I try to find the short on that TV and I happen to put a finger on the mainboard cooling protection in the middle and felt that it was a little warmer I pulled it off and found that value. I will try with your instruction but what is the purpose of putting the tape on the area you want to measure? do that not decrease the value?

Comment

Re: question about tv main board processor temperatures

As I have already written it is highly unlikely to have a difference of 30c on a processor or anything small. It's measuring inaccurately due to the reflective surface and also its far too close.

Comment

Re: question about tv main board processor temperatures

Aha ok I have misunderstood your explanation, can you say how far from the chip is the right distance? I will measure with TM-902c to see the difference even if the feeling of the fingers is not so bad

Comment

Working...
              X