SVOD3 debug ZIF programming PCB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVOD3 debug ZIF programming PCB

Recently got this off the SVOD team, but it came needing assembly plus some 10K resistors. I used the PDF on their website to configure the jumpers/resistors, but can't get it to recognise any ITE, ENE or Nuvoton EC in my SVOD.

Anyone got any experience with this programmer socket and how to configure it?

Re: SVOD3 debug ZIF programming PCB

Finally got some spare time to buzz this out and got it working. They even say on their website, if you don't know how to use it, then don't buy it. Giving you a bag of parts with zero instructions was obviously some kind of rite of passage to see if you are intelligent enough to own it. To save anyone else time, I'll fill in the blanks here.

There are two identical PCB's, to be configured either for ITE, or ENE/Nuvoton EC's. There are some solder jumpers, these are for +3V or for GND, and a few pullups for the RESET lines etc. Images attached on how these are configured for future reference. The ZIF socket plugs into one or the other depending on what EC you are using. I had an open circuit on pin 37 for some reason, which came good after resoldering the header pin. So you might need to buzz each pin out after assembly if you are having issues during the check pin bit.

The preset configuration file for the ZIF header in the SVOD program is correct for ENE, but wrong for ITE. It's possible this is for an old version of the ZIF debug kit, and may only be wrong for the 2022 version. Images attached for the correct pinout. Works fine now for ITE, ENE and Nuvoton EC's.

+3.3V is supplied on the SVOD header on pin 34 and GND is pin 39.
    Attached Files

Comment

Someone has asked for some images of the front and back of the adaptor set so here they are.
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing these details. Will review in depth when we order this tool.

Comment

hi can u can upload better quality of ITE board because is shifted ans not sharpen
          and 2nd question
          on ite you are have not every ITE point bridged are this is ok and working

i will be very thankfoully

Comment

The bridges for these boards are either grounds or Vcc lines. Not all lines are needed; I metered each line to confirm which pins they corresponded to on the ITE socket. The 10K resistors are pull ups. The camera on my el cheapo Xiaomi isn't the best but the attached photo has everything you need.

As I said in my 2nd post, this was tested and working. You may need to meter things out to check your soldering if it doesn't work for you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Dear Reformatt,
              Thank you for help, nicely appreciated, and useful. Two questions for you, or any friend and can help!

1-the place for components on top of board of any plug to the svod programmer, are for leds or any working info? Did you discover it?

2- On some videos on you tube show memory ICs connected to the boards. As also no list for which ICs need external memory soldered to connect to them, neither tell which ones to solder, if one fits all needs, etc, or if any jumper need to be 'in place' or 'disconnected', for any situation. Did you discover it?

Anyone help, Please?

Best Rgds

Comment

Not sure I understand your questions. But here goes.

There are some pads on the clamshell PCB for power/busy LED's (and dropping resistors) but aren't necessary to be populated for simply programming etc. I haven't buzzed these out for polarity as they aren't needed.

What YT videos are you referring to? These boards are programming ITE/ENE/Nuvoton embedded controllers, so I don't understand the external memory reference.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                  Not sure I understand your questions. But here goes.

There are some pads on the clamshell PCB for power/busy LED's (and dropping resistors) but aren't necessary to be populated for simply programming etc. I haven't buzzed these out for polarity as they aren't needed.

What YT videos are you referring to? These boards are programming ITE/ENE/Nuvoton embedded controllers, so I don't understand the external memory reference.
                  i have this also if you want to read ITE chip you need must soldering any blank chip i use 25Q32FV blank chip.If not use this maybe give error ITE is busy better put any blank chip.
                  for Ene no need any blank chip.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did some digging in the forum about that. According to the SVOD team, you need that EEPROM fitted if the chip you are trying to program isn't blank. To quote:

"if your ITE8585 not new and with firmware inside, need solder spi25 flash empty with size more 128k"

http://forum.svod-project.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=991

Don't know if this pertains to all ITE chips, or just this specific one. So any SPI25 capable EEPROM will work, even a 1MB one.

Comment

Thank you very much reformatt, very good info. Again thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures this has really helped me. Would anyone happen to know what the zif socket BGA 128-0.5 socket is for
                        that also fits the base of these adaptors, I got one thinking I could read and write BGA MEC chips but the MEC chips don't fit in the slot.

Thanks.

Comment

IIRC, that was for chips like the ITE IT8995VG.

Comment

Thanks, I did get there in the end and figured it out, its for BGA ITE, I really would like an adaptor for MEC.
                            Maybe one will come available one day.

Comment

Email the SVOD team for it. I had asked about an adaptor for the BGA EC's for ITE and they introduced that adaptor as a result.

Comment

Sorry mate only just see this reply, There is an adaptor for the RT809H its called, RT-BGA169-02

I have been trying to get one for a month or more now there all out of stock, everywhere I look on google.
                                If anyone should happen to know where I can get one ? Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X