Samsung PN51E550D1FXZA plasma no power up 2 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN51E550D1FXZA plasma no power up 2 blinks

Samsung model # PN51E550D1FXZA plasma TV after a lightning hit (LAN cable was connected to TV). Standby LED on ok, but when pressing the power button, getting 2 blinks on the red LED, the screen flashes white for a second, and then cycles through this loop routine.
    ALL voltages Vs, Ve, Vsc, Va check ok at SMPS output pins and at Main Board connector and X/Y drive board test points.
    Noticed the Logic Board LED lights up green for a couple of seconds, hums lightly, then goes off during this cycling.
    I've reseated ALL connectors and none of the boards have any burned traces or parts, and no caps are swelled.
    When disconnecting the Main Board connector from SMPS, nothing happens, and no Standby light. When disconnecting X/Y board from SMPS, the panel does not light up.
    Ran test with main board disconnected, SMPS Ps_ON jumpered to ground with Logic Board pins 3 & 4 jumpered. TV powered on showing good test patterns. Logic Board seemed to now flash in a normal cadence.
    What should be replaced?

Re: Samsung PN51E550D1FXZA plasma no power up 2 blinks

The mainboard.

Comment

Thanks. Any good recommended parts sources? I've had mixed results with ebay used boards.

Comment

Check it over for dry joints, you might not need to replace it.

Comment

Replaced the Main Board and all working now, thanks! Lots of microchips on the board...I saw someone had replaced a voltage regulator IC and got it working.

Comment

Working...
          X