Sync frequencies and polarities for non-PC workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync frequencies and polarities for non-PC workstations

I am currently building a video sync trigger which can automatically determine a video mode based on sync polarity, line count and Vertical frequency, so therefore, I am after sync frequencies (three decimal places is ideal) and polarities for HP/DEC/VAX/Apollo/SGI/Sun and other non-PC workstations along with the Apple Portrait Display (640x870).
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Sync frequencies and polarities for non-PC workstations

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
    I am currently building a video sync trigger which can automatically determine a video mode based on sync polarity, line count and Vertical frequency, so therefore, I am after sync frequencies (three decimal places is ideal) and polarities for HP/DEC/VAX/Apollo/SGI/Sun and other non-PC workstations along with the Apple Portrait Display (640x870).
    X Windows monitor database?

Comment

Re: Sync frequencies and polarities for non-PC workstations

This database was helpful; in this database, the only two monitors which were not multi-synchronous were both Apollo while many of the monitors for workstations in this database were multi-synchronous which came out in the early to mid-80s.

According to a Sony DDM-2801 service manual (which this model was mentioned in an article reprint (How to Drive 4-Mpixel Displays, Electronic Design, 3/89) in the 1990 Brooktree Graphics and Imaging Products Applications Handbook), the 2048x2048 60Hz resolution has 2114 lines with -/- H/V sync polarities.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X