This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi im michael, i play with electronics sometimes. do i have any idea what i'm doing? no. that's why im here

Comment

Hi, I am Todd. You can call me orange. Ask me anything.

Comment

Hi everyone, I've just starting with bios modding and reached this forum. Nice to meet y'all.

Comment

My name is Ray Caudill and I am a Video Engineer.

Comment

Hello!
            My name is Christian Rdz but everybody nows me as Miya
            26 years old, born on May 92
            I´m from México (sorry about my bad english :P)
            Acutally i´m step by step trying harder and more delicate repairs
            Just got an Amscope se400, for component level repairs
            and that´s it!
            Nice to meet y´all

Comment

Hello guys,
              nice to meet all of you!
              My name is Leonid, I'm from Ukraine.
              I am an Electronics Engineer.

Comment

Hi all. New member.

Comment

Hi everone. How can i create a thread

Comment

I created this account to hopefully find some help with troubleshooting a Samsung LCD that's gone bad.

Comment

Hello to all. I'm newbe fitness industry but looking for help in fixing an LED TV.

Comment

Hello...I'm from the fitness industry and new to the forum. Looking for some basic knowledge and info to try and fix my LED TV.

Comment

Hi,
                          I'm relatively new to electronics, but interested in learning as much as I can.

Comment

Evening all! ... I am from UK ... background in Pro Audio but like to dabble in the repair of just about anything electronic and have more time to tinker now ... so I'm here to further my basic knowledge ...

Comment

Just joined got a broken TV. Next door neighbour house got struck by lightning. Our roof top aerial also took a hit and melted the conductors outside coming down the wall. Tv was on at the time and when it struck the RCD tripped in the consumer unit. There is an internal fuse cylinder type reddish brown marked with t3,15a 250v has 382 jet on it as well. This is now open circuit confirmed with DVM. There is a blue varistor nearby that seems intact to the eye. Will post in the relevant section :-)

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Mike, usually go by Mac to those who know me. Im not new to this forum but I've never posted anything until right now..so Here we go lol
                                I've been an avid reader/learner here on Badcaps for at least seven or so years. I love electronics, wiring, repairing and of course from time to time, accidently/ purposely blowing things up lol I went to school at the installer institute in 2007, got my MECP certification for car audio/video/navigation and security. Studied enclosure design and ended up doing mobile installation for circuit city until that ship went down :-(. From there I went on to work as a cable repair tech for 9 years, which got me into tv repair. I've never had the chance to do it professionally but I have about 40 TV's currently in my " shop" . With the help of Badcaps and it's genius members I've fixed many many TV's through the years. Thanks to all who participate in sharing their knowledge with us , can't tell you how much we appreciate it. Keep up the good work
                                Last edited by mmac1488; 06-06-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

hello i am new member in this forum thank you for the acceptance i am noel i am also a technician (Audio/video) but in computer tech i am a beginner and a while ago i have problem in acer s100 notebook but i fix it because of the diagram that i found in this forum, it helps a lot and thank you
                                  Last edited by noel luna; 06-06-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I have some salvage TVs that I am working on and it looks like this site will be helpful. The website requires me to make this post so that I can then start a thread with my question (I think).

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and must say there's a great deal of knowledge here! I'm usually a software only kind of guy but recently got into the electrician side of things. Looking forward to meeting/working with a lot you!

Comment

Hello to all out there.
                                        I have a problem with a particular brand of TV.
                                        Recently got a recommendation by a reputable supplier in the states of electronic goods/parts to join this forum. So I took there advice and here I am.

Comment

Hi, I am Steve from Solihull. I've successfully repaired several items including televisions, central heating controllers and portable fluorescent lamps by replacing bad electrolytic capacitors over the past 18 months since I discovered that one of the first places to look was at the electrolytic capacitors. I've just ordered £20 worth of Rubycon capacitors from Farnell Components to repair another domestic appliance that has failed with bad caps. I registered on the site to try and identify 2 of the failed capacitors (just for my personal interest, you understand). One was a panasonic and one remains unidentified, with only a crude diamond logo.

One question: Is TopCat still active on the site?

Comment

Working...
                                          X