Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ThinkPad T14 Supervisor password

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
    you lose your info when you flash the "Mec16XXX".

may want to reprogram better before the info!
    instead of using the maintenance diskette

give me 2/3 dump for compare
    yes, at least in T14 the information is lost, and it is necessary to write back using the LMU to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post
      So just to sum it up and be sure that I've totally understood how these new models are built/working regarding the supervisor password removal :

After reading/writing MEC16xx chip with a blank/empty dump, there are some things that needs to be reconfigured.

Technically, from my understanding, MEC16xx chip contains these informations (nothing else to declare ?) :
      • Machine type
      • Model Type
      • Country code
      • S/N / Serial Number
      • BIOS/Supervisor password
      • Computrace informations maybe ?

While using the Lenovo HMD (Hardware Maintenance Diskette) v1.90, there are ways to fulfill these informations using option 20 or C0 and typing this sequency : 1STTTTMMMMCCSSSSSSSS which is composed of :
      • TTTT > Machine type
      • MMMM > Model Type
      • CC > Country code
      • SSSSSSSS > S/N / Serial Number

So chronologically, steps would be :
      1. Solder wires on JTAG pins (close to the MEC16xx chip on the motherboard)
      2. Write an free from password dump of a MEC16xx chip
      3. Boot on the Lenovo HMD (hopefully no BIOS errors will be preventing from booting on an USB stick at that time)
      4. Use the option "20" or "C0" to fulfill the informations into the MEC16xx chip memory
      5. That's it ?

Am I correct ?
      after doing the MEC16xx writing procedure the machine loses the information, so when using the LMU to write back, just writing some information fills the others, just start writing back the SN then the SN of the motherboard, vera that some other information will already be there, the UUID code is generated automatically by the LMU, that is, you only need to know the SN of the motherboard, the SG and the machine model, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
        after doing the MEC16xx writing procedure the machine loses the information, so when using the LMU to write back, just writing some information fills the others, just start writing back the SN then the SN of the motherboard, vera that some other information will already be there, the UUID code is generated automatically by the LMU, that is, you only need to know the SN of the motherboard, the SG and the machine model, nothing more.
        Thanks for your precisions/details on that one.
        Anyway, couldn't find out what is behind the acronym "LMU" ; May I ask for your help on that ?

Comment

yes, at least in T14 the information is lost, and it is necessary to write back using the LMU to repair.
          have you many EC dump of differents machines ?

information is cryted, but SER# is présent in bios and EC . it's a mirror map

you need several dumps to compare(bios +EC)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Maxpower3; 01-28-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

DMI information and password is stored in eeeprom. Only programmer Vertyanov can work with eeprom. That is, you read the eeprom, delete the password, write the modified eeprom back to the chip. After that, you have an unlocked laptop and all DMI information is intact.

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post
              Thanks for your precisions/details on that one.
              Anyway, couldn't find out what is behind the acronym "LMU" ; May I ask for your help on that ?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt-sblFhxCM

Comment

the size corece of MEC1663 is 290K the program svod or vertyanov or rt809h can read just 288K or 256K ... the 4k have all information of laptop.

Comment

just did a lot of t14 intel with rt809H programmer, use the provided pinout and solder jumper to the jtag. move the 10k resistor to enable jtag program and then dump EC memory, erase, write.

Comment

I've got the ryzen/AMD model of t14 gen 1 (board number NM-C801) on the way and apparently the pw also stored in EC ITE8300 and there's no JTAG connector. Can't find too much info on this chip online but RT809H seems to support programming it in circuit.

http://www.ifix.net.cn/thread-56902-1-1.html has some stuff on pinout

found this similar p/n online with more info IT8320

chromium OS source: https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch..._chip_it8320.h
                    https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...il/iteflash.md

https://www.ite.com.tw/en/product/view?mid=96
                    Last edited by echow2001; 03-01-2022, 08:23 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by echow2001 View Post
                      no JTAG connector
                      looks like this IC is programmed by parallel port interface rather than jtag, too many pin to practically solder, best to have breakout on keyboard zif

from datasheet of similar ITE embedded controller:
                      7.18.3.2 In-System Programming Operation
                      In-system programming takes place when VSTBY is supplied (other power is don’t-care) and both EC chip and
                      the flash are soldered on PCB. Parallel port interface occupies the same interface pins as KBS to use the
                      existing KBS connector.
                      IT8511 enters in-system programming mode if it detects parallel port signals when VSTBY power on or
                      hardware strap pin PPEN is pulled high. It can be disabled by OVRPPK/OVRPPEN bit in the KSICTRLR
                      register
                      If Parallel Port cable is detected by internal hardware strap, the following functions will be disabled.
                      1. ROM Address Match Interrupt
                      2. Internal/External Watchdog
                      will also have to see if the IT8300 uses internal or external flash for EC, if its external itll be ez just dump it with any 25xx flash tool like tl866ii, ch341a, rt809x etc etc
                      Last edited by echow2001; 03-01-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

what would be a "prom dmi utility" the EC has already been extracted and edited from the bios downloaded from the site.
                        can you share me the ec file please... its urgent

Comment

After a lot of persistence I was able to remove the bios password from T14! I believe that few here know how to do it and no one shares it, I understand that certain types of information are not shared and are sold! But I persistently come to inform you that the (Thinkpad T14 1st 20S1) was unlocked by an RT809H the only programmer I have. Here are photos in the attachment, now all that remains is to reverse the bios information, but I had taken a photo first of all.

after read mec , how you unlock the bin file ?

regards

Comment

Can someone unlock my t14?
                            i tryed the autopatcher but keeps flying away, and dont get any patched file,

hope someone can help
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
                              Can someone unlock my t14?
                              i tryed the autopatcher but keeps flying away, and dont get any patched file,

hope someone can help
                              Read through some of the previous posts, only possible via JTAG ,as far as i know.
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I am your companion in misfortune. Help me, please.
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-29-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by am123321 View Post
                                  I am your companion in misfortune. Help me, please.
                                  @am123321
                                  Not being money or solving the war in Ukraine, we can try to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by echow2001 View Post
                                    I've got the ryzen/AMD model of t14 gen 1 (board number NM-C801) on the way and apparently the pw also stored in EC ITE8300 and there's no JTAG connector. Can't find too much info on this chip online but RT809H seems to support programming it in circuit.

http://www.ifix.net.cn/thread-56902-1-1.html has some stuff on pinout

found this similar p/n online with more info IT8320

chromium OS source: https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch..._chip_it8320.h
                                    https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...il/iteflash.md

https://www.ite.com.tw/en/product/view?mid=96
                                    Can you share more information about t14 Gen1 the way correct how to make remove supervisor password and how to read with rt809h,if is possible to be more specific,thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Any update on how to remove supervisor password in EC / ITE ?
                                      Pretty sure it's just a procedure similar to MacBooks with replacing "FF" to some region in the dump.

Thanks !

Comment

Hello 69d0b913,

Is there any way to read the configuration before overwriting it using the HMD/LMU ?

By the way, what is the difference between HMD and LMU ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox
                                          @danito
                                          Yes, for all Lenovo models
                                          How? Are you kind enough to tell me? I have TL866II plus. Does it work? What do I need?
                                          Thx

Comment

Working...
                                          X