Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell P2210f no power

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
    As for the schematic it seems a bit of the right of the paper got cut off when it was produced.
    But it can be inferred that you should have a +16v for the backlight, and then +12v and +5v for the logic on that connector.
    I was going to start another thread but seeing as you have already addressed this question, I was hoping you might be able to offer some clarification.

Do you know which wires I need to test for the 12v and 5v you mention in your reply?

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

Your photos are not usable, here is what I used instead: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=30

I made one omission in my previous post: 12v does not seem to be for that connector (CN851), it is for the DC jack at the bottom.
      So you have that, and then +16v for the backlight driver (not easily accessible, can measure at J2 or R871 on side facing PCB edge).
      The 5v is then accessible on the bottom 4x pins where the one red wire is (very strange color coding!) and ground is the two pins above that.
      All the rest are for various signals like On/Off control, backlight control, audio detection on/off etc.
      Note that diodes D854 & D855 that you are changing only supply the +16v for the backlight, it is separate from the other voltages!
      Attached Files
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Hi

I have the same problem. Should I open a new thread?

In my case I changed D881 because it was bad but that didn't solve my problem. I have 0 volts after C889 and I850. Does it mean that one or both of them are bad?

I attach an image to clarify
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X