• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Whad'ya Know?

I got the OP system to work on the T460

Just follow the instructions in detail.

If you fail the first time, repeat the process and correct the steps.

Don't despair!

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
      Try this ...
      Hi, this is another spi dump?
      I had the same problem as @badurson

"Nie mo" when i try it.
      Thats gone for now

On clean W7 ive try and now i have syntax error.
      I saw You posted 8MB as patched, i patch 16MB so maybe i need try the little one spi ?
      Lenovo X260. Thanx for advice.

Comment

I read this tread., Just want to know whether I can AutoPatch my Lenovo ThinkPad T490 (i5 8th Gen) Bin Files. It has a BIOS Password. I have attached the Original Dump from it's de-soldered BIOS Chip (W25Q256JV), if anyone can help to have the password removed, it would be great. I just noiced that there is another BIOS chip under this Board NM-B901 Rev:1.0 25Q80DVS, what is this chip for??? Will the password be on this chip??? Thanks in advance
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hello
          Can someone patch my lenovo x260 Bios?
          I try script but this don't create patched file

Comment

thanks. very helpful

Comment

This solution works for the Thinkpad 11e 3rd Gen - Type 20GB as well.

Thanks OP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                test

patched this nm-b141 old bios

Comment

Originally posted by TTR View Post
                  Try and report back
                  steps 1 to 7 went ok . when i put back the original dump it wont turn on . now i cant read the chip i will buy another one and report back . thank you sir for the help.

Comment

Any help please on this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                      I read this tread., Just want to know whether I can AutoPatch my Lenovo ThinkPad T490 (i5 8th Gen) Bin Files. It has a BIOS Password. I have attached the Original Dump from it's de-soldered BIOS Chip (W25Q256JV), if anyone can help to have the password removed, it would be great. I just noiced that there is another BIOS chip under this Board NM-B901 Rev:1.0 25Q80DVS, what is this chip for??? Will the password be on this chip??? Thanks in advance
                      Any help please on this T490!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bilal1992 View Post
                        steps 1 to 7 went ok . when i put back the original dump it wont turn on . now i cant read the chip i will buy another one and report back . thank you sir for the help.
                        Make sure all legs of IC are soldered solid to the pads.
                        Turn on with disconnected CMOS battery and taped anti-tamper switch and also with the disconnected hard drive.

Comment

Hello
                          Thank you for this patch but by applying the patch on the eeprom chip on a lenovo x270 now the pc does not even start when I turn on the power there is flashing on the power button after that nothing more thank you in advance if anyone can someone help me

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                            Try this .....
                            Hello sir can you patched my bios.
                            nm-b141, x1 carbon, 7th gen cpu

Comment

Can this be used to restore a corrupt bios? X1 carbon 5th Gen (flashes on then straight off)

Comment

Regarding: Anti-tamper Switch

This is not an issue I have, but I have seen this mentioned before.

I googled "anti-tamper switch", but cannot any matching results, apart from switching on and off in the bios.

1. Where is this located on the physical computer?

2. Can you provide an image as an example?

Just need to know just in case I encounter that problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tadformo View Post
                                  Can this be used to restore a corrupt bios? X1 carbon 5th Gen (flashes on then straight off)
                                  you can use clean me bios

Comment

Originally posted by taskmann View Post
                                    Regarding: Anti-tamper Switch

This is not an issue I have, but I have seen this mentioned before.

I googled "anti-tamper switch", but cannot any matching results, apart from switching on and off in the bios.

1. Where is this located on the physical computer?

2. Can you provide an image as an example?

Just need to know just in case I encounter that problem.

Thanks.
                                    It's look like here :
                                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by tadformo View Post
                                      No, auto patcher can not repair corrupt bios. You need find Lenovo X1 carbon topic and post your corrupt bios file and serial number there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

@hoaca388

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by TTR View Post
                                          Make sure all legs of IC are soldered solid to the pads.
                                          Turn on with disconnected CMOS battery and taped anti-tamper switch and also with the disconnected hard drive.
                                          the chip was bad i culdnt read it with the programmer thats how i knew it was bad . now i got new one 25q128jv and its working now , also the password has ben cleard. thank you friend , god bless you all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X