Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Hi guys
    I need file dump ec mec for yoga 5th 20uc pls?

Comment

Originally posted by myjunaid View Post
      Thank you very much for your time and for the pictures
      i have done the exactly the same before with connected RST to no 7 and without connected to pin7 to RST it gives error ID verification error
      it has usb C charger which i connected but i noticed i am not getting 3.3v on pin 7 but when i connect the wires and plug the usb c the laptop fan starts spinning and off for some time then on again but i have not connected the power button or i need to connect the power button and switch on by pressing it
      also posts #46 saying the some mainboard RST pin 7 is empty solder pad then add 10 k resister there and my mainboard pin 7 is not connected to resister as well

also can it be a issue of RT809H Drivers ?
      choose MEC1653#ISP from menu, duble click on it. Told you before, READ ALL posts from this topic, users are willing to share infos but you also have to work a little bit. Look at the pins of your picture, I marked them with what wires you have to connect. TMS to pin 1 of programmer, TDO to pin 2, GND to pin 4 TDI to pin 5 TCK to pin 6. If it doesn't work you have to add 10k pull up resistors between pins and 3.3V or you have a problem with motherboard, I see there is a problem around pin 6 where is 3.3V. Check if you have resistors R8257 to R8530.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by volinakis; 07-30-2022, 09:12 AM.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
        Scan the barcode. You need codes starting with 1S (bottom case sticker) and 8S (motherboard sticker)
        Thanks, I solved almost all errors, only 2202:Product Name is Invalid. I did look in all menus of LMU and still didn't figure out what to do. Please help!
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Solved, finally! Had to edit plnsrv.ini, model wasn't in list.
          >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by rbnote View Post
            Hi guys
            I need file dump ec mec for yoga 5th 20uc pls?
            Try this. Thanks to AAAC.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...8&postcount=23
            Attached Files
            Last edited by volinakis; 07-30-2022, 02:49 PM.
            >>>>>

Comment

Hi People,
              I have an X13 YOGA Type 20SY.

I read the Flash from the "MX25L25673GM2I-08G" IC, resulting in a 32MB big file. Unfortunately, the Lenovo Auto Patcher does not seem to work in my Case.

So I wanted to ask if the Vertyanov Device is the way to go for me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Comment

Hello All,

Iam trying to repair T460 NM-A581,probably,with bad EC FW.
                I bought/have a RT809H.

1. How max. long can be debug cable(prog.device-MB)
                2. Maybe someone know where is JTAG_Enable resistor?
                Debug/JAG connector is J9(I hope),also there is some Test Points near CPU(TDO,TMS and so on)

Thanks

Comment

does anyone have any information on the T14s, how to read mec1663? it looks like is in e different place-not the same as t490

Comment

novator2007, dkbose5, give us some clear pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNLAG7 View Post
                      In my case with svod3 done read the t490 1663mec file and save it is 256kb ok then erase it and write an unlocked file after that i boot to bios and supervisor password gone all ok then i repeat the process and write back the original file that i save the first time and i can confirm t490 unlocked.
                      No PULL-UP resistors to JTAG signals needed or 3.3v power suply as pin 6 has 3.3v only connect direct to svod3 all 6 jtag pins.
                      PULL-UP Resitor must move to PULL-DOWN like attached photo and put back after every step.
                      Thank you for all the information, it is GREAT!!! I am able to read MEC1663 & get the 256KB file which I attached. Kindly inform me now from where will I get an unlocked file (Without password as mine has a password), or someone can kindly auto patch this file for me, I would appreciate. Mine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T490 (Motherboard NM-B901 Rev:1.0). Thanks in advance.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mferna14; 08-06-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

@mferna14
                        If you were able to read MEC1633L chip, the next step is to ERASE it and then to PROGRAMM it with the file that you saved. The master password is not stored in this file that you saved, but in an EEPROM area on MEC chip as far as I know, so when you erase MEC chip the EEPROM contents get erased too! Then you will have to use Lenovo Maintenance Utility to type the missing information (model, serial number, etc.).

As far as I know some JTAG EC/KBC programmers can access the EEPROM directly and clean it removing the Supervisor Password, without having to save any file and later needing to use utility to type the laptop missing information.

Comment

Thanks so much "AAAC"., I will do what you informed me, I will use Lenovo Maintenance Utility instead. Just one more thing, have I got the correct size of the file??? 'cause I was reading the thread that the file can also be 290KB., Just wondering whether my file size 256K is the right one? I would appreciate if I can rectify this confusion. Thanks

Comment

Please ignore Post #252... I programmed the copied BIN files to the EEPRom & all is working fine without the PASSWORD. I can now edit the date & time. But no information about the Serial #, etc. To update this info I need Lenovo Maintenance Utility. Where about is this tools to put in all the data for Thinkpad T490?? If anyone can give me this info. Thanks

Comment

@mferna14
                              The missing information is printed on stickers fixed to the motherboard, make sure you have all the information so you do this procedure at once, instead of leaving empty fields and having to come back to complete them.

Lenovo Maintenance Utility:
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=28

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                @mferna14
                                The missing information is printed on stickers fixed to the motherboard, make sure you have all the information so you do this procedure at once, instead of leaving empty fields and having to come back to complete them.

Lenovo Maintenance Utility:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=28
                                Thanks, will try now... Is this the Sticker you are refering to on the main motherboard????
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mferna14; 08-07-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

@mferna14
                                  Yes, there may be another sticker in the memory slots area too.

Comment

@mferna14
                                    Yes, there may be another sticker in the memory slots area too.
                                    Thanks for all the information "AAAC". Now all is set & no errors at all. Only in the BIOS I see "ASSET Tag Invalid". No errors though, but how will add the info of ASSET Tag?

Comment

@mferna14
                                      You may need to use another utility, as I don’t remember seeing that field while using the Lenovo Maintenance Utility.

Comment

@mferna14
                                        You may need to use another utility, as I don’t remember seeing that field while using the Lenovo Maintenance Utility.
                                        Yes I saw the "Write Asset Tag" in another Lenovo Maintenance Utility, I will make the changes booting from that software. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

the solution presented in this topic only works for intel models, right?

Comment

Working...
                                          X