X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall Stanmore II voice with the google assistant built-in

Hello everyone,

I'm Marek and I'm from Poland.
    I bought on our auction site 5 pieces of damaged Marchalla speakers. I'm an electronics engineer and thought I would fix them myself. I was very disappointed with the construction inside.
    As power amplifiers there are 2x TAS5711. Everything is controlled by a ready-made module from Frontier Silicon MINUET FS5332. In the attachment I send pictures of the PCB. All 5 pcs have the same fault. The power supplies have 24V at the output. After connecting the power supply from the lab power supply, you can see how the current floats from 0.04 - 0.26A. No buttons work and no signs of life on the front panel. I suspect a software fault.
    Please help me in repairing this speaker.

Someone did not disable access to such a speaker and it can be accessed through an external IP. http://59.11.201.30/
    Attached Files

Re: Marshall Stanmore II voice with the google assistant built-in

Does it have something like an UART? Maybe hook your computer up to it and see what’s going on. You could also get a dump from a working speaker and copy the working flash to your non working ones.
    Is there a reset procedure for it?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      Does it have something like an UART? Maybe hook your computer up to it and see what's going on. You could also get a dump from a working speaker and copy the working flash to your non working ones.
      Is there a reset procedure for it?
      The reset procedure is like this: "Press and hold both the Source button and the play/pause button for 7 seconds," but it doesn't do anything. I can't see the UART, but there is a USB service port. I opened this FS5332 and made an overview shot. All voltages on the board are correct.
      Located layouts:
      88DE3006-BTK2 Marvell
      NT5CC256M16EP-DI Nanya
      88W8887-NAA2 Marvell
      TC58NVG2S0HTAI0 TOSHIBA
      Unfortunately, I have nowhere to get a working speaker. The seller has 50 more speakers broken in the same way. Very strange case.
      Attached Files

Comment

So what happens if you remote into the speaker using that IP? Does anything happen?
        Right there were that module plugs into the other board, there are three pads labeled GND, TX, RX. Probe it if it could be TTL. See what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by dysk1 View Post
          The reset procedure is like this: "Press and hold both the Source button and the play/pause button for 7 seconds," but it doesn't do anything. I can't see the UART, but there is a USB service port. I opened this FS5332 and made an overview shot. All voltages on the board are correct.
          Located layouts:
          88DE3006-BTK2 Marvell
          NT5CC256M16EP-DI Nanya
          88W8887-NAA2 Marvell
          TC58NVG2S0HTAI0 TOSHIBA
          Unfortunately, I have nowhere to get a working speaker. The seller has 50 more speakers broken in the same way. Very strange case.
          You indicated the reset procedure... BUT how are you attempting to turn the unit on. The reset only clears the unit back to factory settings... it doesn't turn the unit on.

Comment

3 out of 5 speakers were repaired.

The first repaired after several reset attempts.
            In the second one, I found a capacitor short-circuited.
            In the third, I found a damaged resistor.

I have not fixed the fourth one yet, based on the current consumption and the thermal imaging camera, I can see that the linux itself is loading but it probably does not execute the program.

The fifth play is still ahead of me.

Comment

Sounds like you are making progress!

Comment

Originally posted by dysk1 View Post
                3 out of 5 speakers were repaired.

The first repaired after several reset attempts.
                In the second one, I found a capacitor short-circuited.
                In the third, I found a damaged resistor.

I have not fixed the fourth one yet, based on the current consumption and the thermal imaging camera, I can see that the linux itself is loading but it probably does not execute the program.

The fifth play is still ahead of me.
                Hey. I got problem with Acton II Voice, problem is it is not starting. Top panel is not working, it looks like all voltages are present. Strange thing is that RT8059 which is powering top panel diodes (3.3V) is starting soo long. (like 20-30 secs after powering speaker on). Have you maybe found similiar problem? Maybe know reason basing on your big experience? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Comment

Originally posted by malycinek View Post
                  Hey. I got problem with Acton II Voice, problem is it is not starting. Top panel is not working, it looks like all voltages are present. Strange thing is that RT8059 which is powering top panel diodes (3.3V) is starting soo long. (like 20-30 secs after powering speaker on). Have you maybe found similiar problem? Maybe know reason basing on your big experience? Looking forward to hearing from you!
                  Hi
                  I have also a Marshall Acton II voice with similar issues.
                  When I power on, the 4 leds on the front panel blink 4 times but nothing append after.

Do you have find a good solution with your Marshall speaker about it?

Comment

Originally posted by jules91 View Post
                    Hi
                    I have also a Marshall Acton II voice with similar issues.
                    When I power on, the 4 leds on the front panel blink 4 times but nothing append after.

Do you have find a good solution with your Marshall speaker about it?
                    No solution. In my case leds are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by malycinek View Post
                      No solution. In my case leds are not working.
                      I think the problem may be a capacitor. Try to see if yours looks normal or not and if possible test them.

Comment

I checked capacitors, no shortcircuits, all voltages present. Still not working.

Comment

Working...
                        X